Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Visa

My nephew is a freelance cameraman in the UK,and wants me to supply my name address for use on his application for an I Visa(I'm not sure which one it is in that category,he still hasn't told me).I'm here on a DV Lotto Green Card,and am a little reluctant to do this,in case it impacts me negatively when I apply for my Citizenship...he travels to many countries around the world,Egypt,Palestine,Israel etc.in his work.
    Also,would there be any liability issues for me should he be involved,say,in a DUI whilst here,or a car accident resulting in criminal or civil action?
    He's coming to Las Vegas to film the Poker Tournament later this month.
    I would be very happy for your help with this please.
    Many thanks.

My nephew is a freelance cameraman in the UK,and wants me to supply my name address for use on his application for an I Visa(I'm not sure which one it is in that category,he still hasn't told me).I'm here on a DV Lotto Green Card,and am a little reluctant to do this,in case it impacts me negatively when I apply for my Citizenship...he travels to many countries around the world,Egypt,Palestine,Israel etc.in his work.
    Also,would there be any liability issues for me should he be involved,say,in a DUI whilst here,or a car accident resulting in criminal or civil action?
    He's coming to Las Vegas to film the Poker Tournament later this month.
    I would be very happy for your help with this please.
    Many thanks.

Comment

Shoot, goin to Lost Wages? People dont learn nuthin. Them places didnt gets so big given their money away dont ya know. They gets big and all by takin it from fish that be chasing a dream that dont be existin.

I donts know ya can even be anythings more than a person to contact for emergencies and all. If that be it, no worries then. Goin to vegas might be one though if he be taken his debit card. He be callin askin for a ride home aftah he losin it all. Watch, I bets I right.
      This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

He says the Visa is called a DS-160 ...
        would this be OK then for me assist him with?

Comment

The DS160 is a general form used by anyone coming to the U.S. and is applying for a visa at the Consulate. The form does ask for the name, address and number of a contact person in the U.S. THose coming here on work visas usually give the name and address of an employment contact. However, there should be no harm in providing your name. There are no liability issue.

Comment

Thank you sooo much!!
            I email it over to him right away.

Comment

It remains an I visa and there is nothing you can do to help. They are very hard to get and if he needs an affidavit of support or any assistance he isn't qualified.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation