Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illuminating the Dark Ages: Disturbing Trends and Pleasing Solutions in Employment B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Webmaster@ILW.COM
    replied
    Here is the seminar outline:
    The disconnect between lofty public pronouncements and the actual policies of the Executive branch immigration agencies these days has never been greater. Anyone tracking the real-world practices of the Department of Homeland Security knows that securing immigration benefits and avoiding the sting of overzealous enforcement have never been more difficult. The government seems constantly to devise ever more creative ways to limit or shut down existing legal channels to obtaining employment-based immigration benefits. Practitioners and their clients know that the current immigration system in the US is not for the faint of heart. This 3-part seminar helps identify and anticipate existing and new obstacles, and offers options and solutions for your clients as they navigate their individual paths to the American Dream.

FIRST Phone Session on May 26: Helping Cap-Exempt and Perm-Exempt High Achievers

Worldwide economic growth and outsourcing have redefined the most attractive destinations for the world's most desirable immigrants. However, these individuals also hold the keys to economic recovery and innovation in the US. In this session we will discuss strategies for "self-sponsored" employment-based immigrant petitions for talented achievers who have risen to the top in their field, health care professionals, and others who will enrich our nation of immigrants and stimulate the economy. We will also address the most recent trends in non immigrant employment-based visas for the best and brightest.

EB-1: Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Professors/Researchers
    EB-2: Schedule A Group II and National Interest Waiver
    Dealing with USCIS RFEs and the I-140 EB 1-1 RFE Template
    Nonimmigrant Visa Update
    Tackling the Interim Policy on H1B-Cap Exemption for Affiliates of Institutions of Higher Education
    Clarifying O-1 Agent and Itinerary Issues for Artists
    Update on Consular Trends in Visa Approvals, Refusals and Returns for USCIS Employment-Based Petition Revocations

SECOND Phone Session on June 23: I-9, E-Verify and Compliance

Mandatory E-Verify in designated states and within specific sectors such as federal contractors has adversely affected employers around the country. At the same time, ICE has mounted an aggressive campaign to audit employers' I-9 paperwork compliance nationwide. In this session, we will discuss how lawyers can help clients and gain more business by communicating the changes in employer compliance, trends in I-9 audits, and updates on E-Verify.

Supreme Court Update: Is the Arizona statute imposing sanctions on employers who hire undocumented workers preempted? (Chamber of Commerce of the United States v. Whiting)
    I-9 compliance and E-verify update
    Best practices in proactive compliance
    Developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures for new Social Security no-match notices
    Scope of constructive knowledge and duty to investigate
    Interfacing with unions in I-9 voluntary audits and government investigations
    Mergers and acquisitions I-9 issues
    Minimizing risk in use of vendors and consultants
    Representing clients in I-9 audits
    The role of the immigration attorney and I-9 housekeeping for clients

THIRD Phone Session on July 7: Visa Strategies for Entrepreneurs and Investors

Money makes the world go 'round, including on planet DHS. EB-5s and other investor visas offer unique options for individuals as a means of obtaining permanent (green card) or temporary (non immigrant visa) entry to the US. In this session, we will highlight some of the strategic concerns which foreign nationals and attorneys should understand as they explore investing in the US, either in an existing business, or as an entrepreneur starting a new business.

Understanding the EB-5 program
    Problems and solutions for individual investors and regional centers
    The role of the immigration attorney as an advisor
    "H-E-L-L-O!" Problems and solutions using other nonimmigrant work categories as an EB-5 alternative

Leave a comment:

• Illuminating the Dark Ages: Disturbing Trends and Pleasing Solutions in Employment B

Here is the seminar outline:
    The disconnect between lofty public pronouncements and the actual policies of the Executive branch immigration agencies these days has never been greater. Anyone tracking the real-world practices of the Department of Homeland Security knows that securing immigration benefits and avoiding the sting of overzealous enforcement have never been more difficult. The government seems constantly to devise ever more creative ways to limit or shut down existing legal channels to obtaining employment-based immigration benefits. Practitioners and their clients know that the current immigration system in the US is not for the faint of heart. This 3-part seminar helps identify and anticipate existing and new obstacles, and offers options and solutions for your clients as they navigate their individual paths to the American Dream.

FIRST Phone Session on May 26: Helping Cap-Exempt and Perm-Exempt High Achievers

Worldwide economic growth and outsourcing have redefined the most attractive destinations for the world's most desirable immigrants. However, these individuals also hold the keys to economic recovery and innovation in the US. In this session we will discuss strategies for "self-sponsored" employment-based immigrant petitions for talented achievers who have risen to the top in their field, health care professionals, and others who will enrich our nation of immigrants and stimulate the economy. We will also address the most recent trends in non immigrant employment-based visas for the best and brightest.

EB-1: Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Professors/Researchers
    EB-2: Schedule A Group II and National Interest Waiver
    Dealing with USCIS RFEs and the I-140 EB 1-1 RFE Template
    Nonimmigrant Visa Update
    Tackling the Interim Policy on H1B-Cap Exemption for Affiliates of Institutions of Higher Education
    Clarifying O-1 Agent and Itinerary Issues for Artists
    Update on Consular Trends in Visa Approvals, Refusals and Returns for USCIS Employment-Based Petition Revocations

SECOND Phone Session on June 23: I-9, E-Verify and Compliance

Mandatory E-Verify in designated states and within specific sectors such as federal contractors has adversely affected employers around the country. At the same time, ICE has mounted an aggressive campaign to audit employers' I-9 paperwork compliance nationwide. In this session, we will discuss how lawyers can help clients and gain more business by communicating the changes in employer compliance, trends in I-9 audits, and updates on E-Verify.

Supreme Court Update: Is the Arizona statute imposing sanctions on employers who hire undocumented workers preempted? (Chamber of Commerce of the United States v. Whiting)
    I-9 compliance and E-verify update
    Best practices in proactive compliance
    Developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures for new Social Security no-match notices
    Scope of constructive knowledge and duty to investigate
    Interfacing with unions in I-9 voluntary audits and government investigations
    Mergers and acquisitions I-9 issues
    Minimizing risk in use of vendors and consultants
    Representing clients in I-9 audits
    The role of the immigration attorney and I-9 housekeeping for clients

THIRD Phone Session on July 7: Visa Strategies for Entrepreneurs and Investors

Money makes the world go 'round, including on planet DHS. EB-5s and other investor visas offer unique options for individuals as a means of obtaining permanent (green card) or temporary (non immigrant visa) entry to the US. In this session, we will highlight some of the strategic concerns which foreign nationals and attorneys should understand as they explore investing in the US, either in an existing business, or as an entrepreneur starting a new business.

Understanding the EB-5 program
    Problems and solutions for individual investors and regional centers
    The role of the immigration attorney as an advisor
    "H-E-L-L-O!" Problems and solutions using other nonimmigrant work categories as an EB-5 alternative
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney