Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wants to apply for non immigrant visa but petition has been filed

Hi, in about august of last year i had received correspondence from the NVC about the immigrant visa petition that was filed on my behalf by my mother under the preference category: F1 - UNMARRIED SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF U.S. CITIZENS. I did not respond with my DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) form because I really was hesitant to respond and then i was unable to locate the copy given to me. So to do date the NVC has not received anything from me. I am aware that I can indicate my choice via letter or email but before I do that I have some concerns and questions. My concern is that in December 2010 I married my husband who is a jamaican citizen without a US visa and my questions are these; If I choose to continue with the process, how does my now "MARRIED STATUS" affect this process and what actions would have to be taken to proceed?

2. They say that the petition is expired after a year with no contact from me whatsoever but how is that 1 year calculated? so i can know what date exactly does this petition (all submitted fees and documents) expire?

3. Is the US Embasssy or Consulate in my country (KINGSTON, JAMAICA) normally aware of this petiton? If so, how does this petition affect anything If I decide to apply for a NONIMMMIGRANT visa before the petition expires?

4. Can I apply for a NONIMMIGRANT visa before the petition expires? If NOT, how long after it expires can I apply?

5. Do I have to indicate my choice via email or letter before I apply for a NONIMMIGRANT visa? If yes, and I indicate via email that I no longer wish to apply for an IMMIGRANT visa how long after this is done can I apply for a NONIMMIGRANT visa? To be honest i really just want to be able to travel and visit sometimes, i really wasnt interested in migrating so a B1/B2 visa would do me just fine.

Hi, in about august of last year i had received correspondence from the NVC about the immigrant visa petition that was filed on my behalf by my mother under the preference category: F1 - UNMARRIED SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF U.S. CITIZENS. I did not respond with my DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) form because I really was hesitant to respond and then i was unable to locate the copy given to me. So to do date the NVC has not received anything from me. I am aware that I can indicate my choice via letter or email but before I do that I have some concerns and questions. My concern is that in December 2010 I married my husband who is a jamaican citizen without a US visa and my questions are these; If I choose to continue with the process, how does my now "MARRIED STATUS" affect this process and what actions would have to be taken to proceed?

2. They say that the petition is expired after a year with no contact from me whatsoever but how is that 1 year calculated? so i can know what date exactly does this petition (all submitted fees and documents) expire?

3. Is the US Embasssy or Consulate in my country (KINGSTON, JAMAICA) normally aware of this petiton? If so, how does this petition affect anything If I decide to apply for a NONIMMMIGRANT visa before the petition expires?

4. Can I apply for a NONIMMIGRANT visa before the petition expires? If NOT, how long after it expires can I apply?

5. Do I have to indicate my choice via email or letter before I apply for a NONIMMIGRANT visa? If yes, and I indicate via email that I no longer wish to apply for an IMMIGRANT visa how long after this is done can I apply for a NONIMMIGRANT visa? To be honest i really just want to be able to travel and visit sometimes, i really wasnt interested in migrating so a B1/B2 visa would do me just fine.

Comment

I shall relinquish the podium to S12 and Federale86. Can't wait to read their most provocative and knowledgeable answers. Can't wait!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jer:

5. Do I have to indicate my choice via email or letter before I apply for a NONIMMIGRANT visa? If yes, and I indicate via email that I no longer wish to apply for an IMMIGRANT visa how long after this is done can I apply for a NONIMMIGRANT visa? To be honest i really just want to be able to travel and visit sometimes, i really wasnt interested in migrating so a B1/B2 visa would do me just fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to www.immigration.com , find the tab "forums", click on it and scroll down the list of sub-forums, find the appropriate one and post your question. Alternatively, you can search by key words. Their forum has over 299,000 threads, over 200.000 members and more than 2,148,000 posts.

This forum (ilw.com) is a place where mostly political debates take place, there are not many immigrants here who could share their similar experiences nor many attorneys or individuals well aware of INA and the current regulations.
        Your best course of action is to make one hour appointment and speak to a qualified immigration attorney.
        $200 worth infinitely less in the long term than the headaches you could save yourself.

Good luck.
        http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs