Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DREAM act AMENDMENT PASSES

First of all, everything ran well and smoothly, i watched the entire thing and i was surprised by how many republican support they had for the mccain/kennedy bill..basicly, what passed the committee is the mccain bill which is great.

The senate will vote on a more complete bill in 2 weeks, but we expect it to get very strong support in the senate floor.

anyway, i was also surprise that the dream act amendment made it throught by sen. durbin..this amendment provide clear path to citizenship to kids that had been living in the united states for years and years, and graduated from high school etc etc..this rule will benefit some of my friends that had live in the United states for years and graduated from school here.

Anyway, this bill will pass the senate, now the battle against the house is next..The house' democrats + moderate republicans like blake, knows what they have to do, and it is to overpower the extremist just like we did in the judiciary committee..

REMEMBER WHAT I'VE ALWAYS SAID... WE HAVE THE NUMBERS, AND IT INCLUDES THE HOUSE-SENATE HEARING..

First of all, everything ran well and smoothly, i watched the entire thing and i was surprised by how many republican support they had for the mccain/kennedy bill..basicly, what passed the committee is the mccain bill which is great.

The senate will vote on a more complete bill in 2 weeks, but we expect it to get very strong support in the senate floor.

anyway, i was also surprise that the dream act amendment made it throught by sen. durbin..this amendment provide clear path to citizenship to kids that had been living in the united states for years and years, and graduated from high school etc etc..this rule will benefit some of my friends that had live in the United states for years and graduated from school here.

Anyway, this bill will pass the senate, now the battle against the house is next..The house' democrats + moderate republicans like blake, knows what they have to do, and it is to overpower the extremist just like we did in the judiciary committee..

REMEMBER WHAT I'VE ALWAYS SAID... WE HAVE THE NUMBERS, AND IT INCLUDES THE HOUSE-SENATE HEARING..

Comment

Comment

hell yeah, this is awesome news.

Comment

what this will mean is that any and every dirtbag liar who asks for a tourist visa will be refused....if congress will not enforce our laws, the who will? Watch and see.

Comment

thats an awesome news

Comment

I'll toast for the passing of the Dream Act (at least temporarily).
              And grumbles for other part of the bills that also got passed (also temporarily).

Comment

So far, so good. Let's pray for the End of illegal Slavery.

Comment

While somehow related, the criminalization of unlawful presence and the guest worker program are two different issues. Criminalizing unlawful presence would affect thousands of U.S. citizens, one of the main reasons as to why the Senate's Judiciary has declined to consider it in their version of the bill. The United States has always been there to assist those in need, it would be ridiculous to engage in penalizing human kindness and compassion; not to mention other complicated issues of legal nature that would arise from such draconian measures.

Comment

It is too bad for immigrants that majority Republican support on SJC wasn't secured for what they passed.
                    Mark my words: Sen. Kennedy made it much harder for immigrants and a lot easier for supporters of Tacredo to defeat the measure passed by SJC.
                    Let's hope that Cornyn-Kyl provisions will prevail in Senate floor debates, thus making it at least less likely to be defeated by House.

Compromise was what could give this Bill momentum.
                    Sen. Kennedy killed it for all..

Comment

You did not "overpower" the Judiciary Committee, Albatross. They always intended to pass a guest worker program and it was known last fall. The Senators have their own reasons for wanting amnesty--votes and money from contributors. It'll be interesting to see how this fares in the full Senate.

The House, however, has no reason to even consider a guest worker program if THEIR enforcement bill is not part of it. This is part of RECONCILIATION--remember?

Comment

ENFORCEMENT bill (not retroactive) + Cornyn-Kyl version of Guest Worker program, with little amendments from Sen. Specter version COULD indeed pass the House-Senate conference talks.

But Sen. Kenneddy succeeded in making amendment that is IMPOSSIBLE to pass even through Senate.

Can someone tell this good old man that in Real Politics one MUST(!) compromise to get practical results???

Comment

Hi everybody! Remember me.

I will use this now for my own and others good. Start a temp. employment agency in mexico and other countries. For say $500 - we'd take your pic, your skills, bg check, and lineup with a min job in the US. Then send off the packet to INS. When you come here, you're on your own and can aply for US Citizenship. $500 x millions, we'd all be rich! The impending rush will be goliath. Gotta get in otherwise the USG will be swamped! Plus folks in other countries won't know what to do. If you are a citizen of another country and can help setup satellite offices there -- email me at moondin@megahits.com

-= nav =-

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed