Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally OT but...

For those of us able and willing to watch it, the first Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse since 1638 happens on Monday night/early Tuesday am...

Overview of the total lunar eclipse on December 21st A marvelous astronomical event will soon be upon many of us living on Earth. Just after midnight, during the morning of December 21st, a total lunar eclipse, the last one of the year, will be visible throughout most of the world. This is the second of two lunar eclipses to occur this year, but the first total lunar eclipse since February 21, 2008.

Observers in western South America and North America will have an excellent chance to view the lunar eclipse from beginning to end since the moon will be nearly directly overheard in these locations. While some of the eclipse will be visible throughout most of the world, only those situated in western South America and North America will see the eclipse from start to finish.

Spacedex.com
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

For those of us able and willing to watch it, the first Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse since 1638 happens on Monday night/early Tuesday am...

Overview of the total lunar eclipse on December 21st A marvelous astronomical event will soon be upon many of us living on Earth. Just after midnight, during the morning of December 21st, a total lunar eclipse, the last one of the year, will be visible throughout most of the world. This is the second of two lunar eclipses to occur this year, but the first total lunar eclipse since February 21, 2008.

Observers in western South America and North America will have an excellent chance to view the lunar eclipse from beginning to end since the moon will be nearly directly overheard in these locations. While some of the eclipse will be visible throughout most of the world, only those situated in western South America and North America will see the eclipse from start to finish.

Spacedex.com
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Very cool, Brittie. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I might just get the video camera running tomorrow night if it's clear enough. It'll be cold enough for sure!

Comment

I will leave that to the younger crowd like you and Proud. Us old timers who have seen two millennia need to rest every once in a while.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I will leave that to the younger crowd like you and Proud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a nice compliment, Hudson, especially since I've probably seen three millennia compared to your two, lol!

Comment

The next time this happens on Dec 21st won't be until 2094 so I know I won't be around to see that one!

Comment

Nerds!

Comment

The video from last night. Apart from some occasional cloud cover, the eclipse was quite clear

The Eclipse

Comment

I was up at 5:00 AM and looked out, but it was cloudy and I couldn't see anything. Oh well, at least you got it on video! Great job, Brittie.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation