Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fill out Question of the I-765 Form

My status is B2 expried married to a USC. Now I fill the I-485 with I-765. Should I fill out I-130 must file first? or those can send together? When I apply the I-765 Form. What should I select. (1. Permission to accept employment. or 3. Renewal of my permission to accept employment.) Because I had my OPT employment authorization card. But that already expired on 2002. I came back US with B2 visitor on 2003. An other hand on item 16. the Eligibility categories. Should I fill (c)(24) LIFE Legalization application or (c) (9) Adjustment Applicant (wait for the receipt notice of the I-485?)

My status is B2 expried married to a USC. Now I fill the I-485 with I-765. Should I fill out I-130 must file first? or those can send together? When I apply the I-765 Form. What should I select. (1. Permission to accept employment. or 3. Renewal of my permission to accept employment.) Because I had my OPT employment authorization card. But that already expired on 2002. I came back US with B2 visitor on 2003. An other hand on item 16. the Eligibility categories. Should I fill (c)(24) LIFE Legalization application or (c) (9) Adjustment Applicant (wait for the receipt notice of the I-485?)

Comment

File I-130, I-485 and I-765 along with other forms. Check box 1 and you are under (c)(9)since you married to a USC. Mail all forms to Chicago mailbox.

Comment

Today I asked the person who fill the I-485 for me and he said I have SSN already! When I was school 4 years ago. So I don't need to apply I-765 and waste money!

Comment

KathyT, I think that's wrong.

You DO need employment authorisation document AND SSN to work until you adjust status.

Comment

Thanks!
            When I sent all form together. What INS will do my current SSN. Will they give me a new one or do nothing keep the old number. My SSN card has "Valid for work only with INS authorization". If I not am sent I-765, What will happen when I apply job? Beacuse I used to give my current SSN to apply things like bank, ID,etc.. in this year!

Comment

INS has nothing to do with the issuance of SSN.

Social Security Administration office assignes SSNs and once you get it, it is "yours" forever.

If you don't send I-765, you wan't get employment authorisation document (EAD), and you wan't be able to work. Employer will ask you for EAD as your SSN card clearly says: "Valid for work only with INS authorisation". And you will not have INS authorisation (EAD).

Comment

Thank you very much! I get it

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs