X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katycab
    replied
    The other thing to remember is to make sure the visitors make their case, don't wait for the interviewer to ask. They only have about 2 minutes for the interview, and they make up their mind quick. They may never see most of the documents that you have prepared. Also- it is easier if only one parent will visit, because that shows a likelihood that the other will return. But it all comes down to the money- if they have it (in their own name) they will probably get approved. If not- probably not.

Leave a comment:

• Boniface
    replied
    Remember though, that the key to a successful visa application at a U.S. Consulate is not your ability to justify the trip to the U.S., but, rather, the applicant's ability to convince the consular officer that he or she will actually come back. The invitation letter is important, to be sure, but make sure your family members come to the consulate with documentary evidence of their "strong and binding ties" to their country. If your family is wealthy and well-connected, then the probability that the visa application will be approved is much higher than if your family is not well-to-do, especially if they all live in a poor country. You can round up a dozen sterling letters of invitation, but if the consular officer isn't convinced that the applicant will actually return, then the visa application will be denied.

Leave a comment:

• Aguila
    replied
    JohnDoe:

I have never tried this, since my parents never had a problem to enter the US, but I think that the best you could do is the following:

1) Check this link for a 'Sample Invitation Letter' to be presented in the US embassy/consulate in your country.

http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/newshints66.htm

2) File I-134 forms for Affidavits of Support stating that you will be responsible for your parents and that they will not become public charge while they stay in the US:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-134.htm

3) Attach to the invitation letter supporting documents form your education institutions to backup the claim that they come for your graduation, if you can get even a letter from a dean even better.

If you follow all this steps you most likely will get it, but they must return back home, otherwise your status could be jeopardized...

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    ggggggggggggggg

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    started a topic gggggggggggggggggg

gggggggggggggggggg

ggggggggggggggg
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily