Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amnesty Bill

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20080516/pl_usnw/senate_us...loyers__charges_fair

Thoughts?
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Thoughts?
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Some day it will be decided one way or another, til' then all talk is cheap and empty.
      That's what I think.
      http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

We need the agricultural workers, so why not?

Comment

Because you're basically rewarding people for flaunting the rules. Do that, and you'll see a whole new level of illegal immigration.

However, since the report is coming from FAIR, I'd be inclined to take that with a grain of salt.
          --------------------
          "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I think my State will want agricultural workers, I know we have suffered since the new bill came in, and now they are all complaining and/or closing down due to the illegals leaving and lack of workforce.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
            1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Unemployment was at 4.6% in 2007. How do you go out of business due to a lack of labor?
              --------------------
              "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JermCool:
                However, since the report is coming from FAIR, I'd be inclined to take that with a grain of salt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You doubting my sources there, Einstein?

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAc...1C-48C1-484DFC65E9D9

Comment

I stand corrected on both counts. Farm owners are too crooked to maintain a legal workforce and Sen. Feinstein is as much of a lunatic as ever.
                  --------------------

Comment

There is a lack of cheap labour.

Comment

Then allow agri-business to bypass minimum wage if they really can't afford to pay it to their workers. Don't bloody reward people for breaking the law!
                      --------------------

Comment

It is true, there is a lack of cheap labor now.

Apparently in my State they said that even the legals are staying away from farms etc, because they don't want to be presumed illegal and don't want the hassle from authorities being checked over and over again.

Farmers were saying that those workers were hard workers and that without them there was not enough manpower to go around. Hence loss of money and business.

Something is obviously wrong.
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                        1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

I actually agree with JC as far as the pay rates go. The wages are a good chunk of the reason they can't get USC's to do those jobs.

Part of that bill is to freeze the wages agribusiness has to pay their employees for 3 years. It will only make the situation worse.

Though, to be honest, I think the worst part of this bill is that it's being piggy-backed on another that has an extremely good shot of being sped through.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:

Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            Well, Congress and the President might have a bill they can agree on together.
                            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JermCool:
                              Then allow agri-business to bypass minimum wage if they really can't afford to pay it to their workers. Don't bloody reward people for breaking the law! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                              "Cheap Labor" is a relative term Jerm.
                              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation