Amnesty Bill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JermCool:
    Unemployment was at 4.6% in 2007. How do you go out of business due to a lack of labor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Fuel costs, administrative costs, tax costs, insurance costs, etc. It is not that unempllyment rate is 4.6%, but that inflation is creeping in that can destroy business faster than a 1% increase in the unemployment rate.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

People have short memories. The Republican's used the same tactic, add-on bill to must pass legislation for the REAL ID act and the Bankruptcy reform act.

Is it a good idea? I don't think so because it doesn't allow time for the measure to be debated and amended to make it workable. You'll end up with a flawed bill. You only have to witness the States slow compliance with REAL ID and the bankruptcy rates haven't slowed much if at all.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

No Brit, people don't have short memories. No one in this debate has forgotten 1986, especially those who oppose amnesty now.

I would share my opinion on this subject if I knew it was worth it, but I know my opinion on it doesn't matter at all as to what outcome there will be so I'll efficiently keep it to myself (energy savings)
        http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

pushing this thread up

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs