Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I - 485 question

Folks: I have a question and wonder if someone can guide me what to do. My previous employer filed my green card and my I 140 application was approved 2 years ago under EB3 category. Now I have moved to Canada on permanent basis and my priority date is not current date yet. I have checked my I 140 status has not been revoked and is still valid. So my question is, ho can I file my
    I 485 application when priority dates of my case will become current. Do I have to call my previous employer for help or I have to file on my own? Thanks for your support in advance.

Folks: I have a question and wonder if someone can guide me what to do. My previous employer filed my green card and my I 140 application was approved 2 years ago under EB3 category. Now I have moved to Canada on permanent basis and my priority date is not current date yet. I have checked my I 140 status has not been revoked and is still valid. So my question is, ho can I file my
    I 485 application when priority dates of my case will become current. Do I have to call my previous employer for help or I have to file on my own? Thanks for your support in advance.

Comment

You cannot file I-485 if you are not in the U.S. when your Priority Date becomes current. Please call your attorney and tell him you are going to Canada and what needs to be done going forward.

Comment

Yes, it is a good idea to check with your attorney on this one. Better safe than sorry!
        Always interested in the H1-B visa, the Eb-5 Visa Program and other Eb5 Investor Visa related issues.

Comment

USCIS considers your application to be abandoned as you departed during the process.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation