Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-751 / Removal of condition form notarized...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virlee
    replied
    The byjasco remote codes are mandatory to operate your byjasco TV with your favorite universal remote control. By using the keycode we can easily program a universal remote and the keycode identifies the make and model of your equipment.

Leave a comment:

• neha
    replied
    I am using windows 10 OS computer system and that's why i know the importance of file explorer. Its a very important part of any computer, and those who are still searching file explorer windows 10 am recommending this tutorial to visit and learn easily. Thank you so much.

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    Hi swiss...

I think u r right...that idea came in my mind too.... Too good could be taken for bad sometime. Thanks for ur valuable input.... Have a great day... Pasha

Leave a comment:

• swissnut
    replied
    The purpose of notarizing a piece of correspondence is three-fold: to affirm that the individual signing it is indeed the person represented; that they are aware of that which they are signing (i.e. that they agree that the information is correct) and they are doing it willingly. This is necessary in absence of any legal caveat to caution them to any penalties of misrepresentation, which appears on the base of the I751 itself.

If the I751 is signed by both co-petitioners, they are representing that they are both willing to appear for an interview, should one be required. It would be my opinion that to notarize the I751, especially when it is not called for, could be interpretted as going beyond the call of duty, and might have a negative impact.

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    Thanks a lot E for your kind affords to look at things for me... I really appreciate it.... Reason for me to ask this one coz I remember from past posts of aguila if I m not wrong... but they did it with help of lawyer and may be they did notarize that form... not sure about it....

Yeah lawyers can answer pretty accurately ... but I m not planning to consult them.... But that is true.... Well usually people don't notarize but as I though ... let me see what people think of this idea.... Thanks again... have a great day... Pasha

Leave a comment:

• E.
    replied
    Pasha:

Under "Evidence of the relationship" in instructions for Petition to remove the conditions on residence (Form I-751)I found the following:

*Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least 2 people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such people may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit). The original affidavit must be submitted, and it must also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: (biographical data and etc.-E.). Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.

Now, it is not clear from "evidence listed above" whether you HAVE to notarise the Form-751 itself.
    It is my understanding that since BOTH spouses WILL be interviewed by Immigration Officer, this requirement will be fullfilled on its onw.

I think you could get the accurate information from Attorneys who encountered this thing in practice.
    They always know practically correct answer.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    Thanks a lot swiss, ircroxy, ARQU and 4now.... Just wanted to double check what you guys think about it ..... thanks once again...I appreciate your answers...Pasha

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    Hi Pasha

The forms have notation about "perjury & penalty". so need to be notarized.

However if you feel you want them notarized, then go ahead. its no problem. Some people do just to make themselves feel better and that there is no doubt about who signed them.

Leave a comment:

• ARQU
    replied
    The forms do not need to be notarized.

ARQU

Leave a comment:

• swissnut
    replied
    If the instructions which accompany the I-751 do not stipulate that it should be notarized, then it is not necessary. As far as I can recollect there is a caveat (codicil) at the base of the form, which in essence cautions, under penalty of the law against the provision of fraudulent information and signatory, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ircroxy
    replied
    I only had the letters notorized, not the application form.

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    hi everybody...

it might sound dumb but want to double check ...

Should I notarize the actual I-751 form for signature of both spouses? just like letters from friends and family ...? Did u guys do that when u sent ur joint I-751 ?

Thanks....

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    started a topic I-751 / Removal of condition form notarized...

I-751 / Removal of condition form notarized...

hi everybody...

it might sound dumb but want to double check ...

Should I notarize the actual I-751 form for signature of both spouses? just like letters from friends and family ...? Did u guys do that when u sent ur joint I-751 ?

Thanks....
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation