American by Birth?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JustBobby:
    ok folks, sorry I have been away for so long(laptop died) but heres an update....
    My gf..went to a Immig. Lawyer, and she told her the following.:
    Immigration through my brothers can take up to 12 years...
    As a regular Immigrant 6 years
    4 years to prove my Birthright
    1.5 years for a finace visa
    this is such a headache, it not like I am on a boat or crossing the border at night(no disrespect intended)...I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Best thing Bobby is that you get on US soil. first in order to prove your US birthright. That way, you will have an easier time to access the necessary documents to prove your birthright.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JustBobby:
      ok folks, sorry I have been away for so long(laptop died) but heres an update....
      My gf..went to a Immig. Lawyer, and she told her the following.:
      Immigration through my brothers can take up to 12 years...
      As a regular Immigrant 6 years
      4 years to prove my Birthright
      1.5 years for a finace visa
      this is such a headache, it not like I am on a boat or crossing the border at night(no disrespect intended)...I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      Best thing Bobby is that you get on US soil. first in order to prove your US birthright. That way, you will have an easier time to access the necessary documents to prove your birthright. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanx Hudson, I'm flying home* next month to see my Grandmother and Uncle and my gf...this really sux, I/we wanted to get married , do the things the right way, and now we have to wait.....itss a looong winding road
      Its a long way home.....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanx Hudson, I'm flying home* next month to see my Grandmother and Uncle and my gf...this really sux, I/we wanted to get married , do the things the right way, and now we have to wait.....itss a looong winding road </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Bobby, what I am not sure is if you marry her now and go through either the counselor processing or through USCIS as a spouse of a USC, what effect it would have on you to prove US citizenship. Just be patient, continue to gather the evidence, and take one step at a time.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanx Hudson, I'm flying home* next month to see my Grandmother and Uncle and my gf...this really sux, I/we wanted to get married , do the things the right way, and now we have to wait.....itss a looong winding road </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Bobby, what I am not sure is if you marry her now and go through either the counselor processing or through USCIS as a spouse of a USC, what effect it would have on you to prove US citizenship. Just be patient, continue to gather the evidence, and take one step at a time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Im trying Hudson, its so tough...
          Its a long way home.....

Comment

Hi Just Bobby! I hope you manage to find a solution and most importantly get that US Citizenship that you are entitled to.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
            1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
              Hi Just Bobby! I hope you manage to find a solution and most importantly get that US Citizenship that you are entitled to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              thank you~it does mean alot to me...having some support, as there are alot of malicious people in this world, that have no clue what its like...
              Its a long way home.....

Comment

nothing new on the western front.......
                Its a long way home.....

Comment

I'm sorry JustBobby,

Here's hoping that something will come up soon for you.

Don't give up hope
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                  1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs