X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: Legal Fees

Hi,

I am considering going for consular processing for green card in my home country. An issue of inadmissibility may come up during the interview and to get a waiver for that, a good lawyer may come handy. I contacted a nationally well-known lawyer based in DC. She sometimes gives seminars to other attorneys and her name comes up in this forum, too. Her fee is at least 350 just for the first consultation but how much should I expect to pay in fees for consulate processing for top lawyers. I am informed by her assistant for at least 10000, but what is a ball park range? I may have to get help from relatives so I want to have an idea before I even consult her...

M

Hi,

I am considering going for consular processing for green card in my home country. An issue of inadmissibility may come up during the interview and to get a waiver for that, a good lawyer may come handy. I contacted a nationally well-known lawyer based in DC. She sometimes gives seminars to other attorneys and her name comes up in this forum, too. Her fee is at least 350 just for the first consultation but how much should I expect to pay in fees for consulate processing for top lawyers. I am informed by her assistant for at least 10000, but what is a ball park range? I may have to get help from relatives so I want to have an idea before I even consult her...

M

Comment

Is this http://www.maggio-kattar.com/ the law firm you are talking about ?

If so, the guy who founded it passed away,his widow and the remaining associates are ok but do not possess his personality, and probably overrated on the account of still carrying his name. I might be wrong, I don't know anything about them other than what was in news.

$10,000 is a lot of money for filling a waiver application. Unless you own million dollar corporations you shouldn't be looking for attorneys who charge large fees.
      There are many good, caring professionals who will give you objective assessment without charging you anything and , if they take the case, won't charge you more than couple of thousands of dollars for writing a letter on your behalf.

What really matters is the statute of inadmissibility and basis for the waiver.
      All good attorney can do is research similar cases, calculate the success rate , thus your chances, and inform you that there are many variables involved, including the location of the consulate post, the pattern of past waver decisions made at such location and other variables. Then he will write a letter and submit supporting evidence to make it as easy for consular official to review as possible.
      That's all attorney can do.
      http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

This post has been deleted for violation of board rules.

Comment

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minamina23:
            Hi,

M </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its better to consult that to the embassy or to the immigration office near you so that you will get the right information about your problem. Or ask an attorney that are expert visa and immigration issue.

Global Visas Complaints

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madisonlialc28:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minamina23:
              Hi,

M </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its better to consult that to the embassy or to the immigration office near you so that you will get the right information about your problem. Or ask an attorney that are expert visa and immigration issue.

Global Visas Complaints </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither US embassies, nor local or district offices, none will advise the applicant or "give information about their problem". Their function is to review the applications and ensure proper execution of law. It is applicants' responsibility to adhere to legal regulations and retain a counsel if he or she needs legal advise.

God save poor victims from "visa services" of "visa consultants" who have no clue about what they are "advising" their clients to do.
              http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Comment

Comment

-this reply has been deleted for violation of board rules-

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs