X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need a Canadian Visa?

Hi Friends,
    Just a quick question. I am a Indian citizen with a US Green card married to USC. Would I need a Canadian visa to visit Canada for 6 days? I would like to visit my uncle and Aunts and may be see Niagara falls etc early next year. As always thank you so much for your help friends.

Raju

Hi Friends,
    Just a quick question. I am a Indian citizen with a US Green card married to USC. Would I need a Canadian visa to visit Canada for 6 days? I would like to visit my uncle and Aunts and may be see Niagara falls etc early next year. As always thank you so much for your help friends.

Raju

Comment

International Travel
      A Permanent Resident of the United States can travel freely outside of the US. A passport from the country of citizenship is normally all that is needed (you have to get a travel document if you don't have a passport from the country of citizenship). To reenter the US a Permanent Resident normally needs to present the green card (Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551) for readmission. A reentry permit is needed for reentry for trips greater than one year but less than two years in duration.

Comment

If one has GC, no visa is required to enter Canada.

However, that is not necesseraly true when visting other countries. In general, visa requirements are tied to ones citizenship (passport), not residence (green card).

Comment

Check with immigration Canada. You can use your GC to enter the US - but you may need a passport and or visa to enter Canada. If you have a GC but go to another country ie Mexico, you need your passport to show citizenship. You may be able to enter Canada with your Driver's license and GC. You can phone the Border crossing where you think you will cross.

Comment

Hello aneri,
            Thank you so much for your response. That is really a great news that I don't need a Canadian visa. Great. Thanks.

Hello mpodcsin, dragonlady
            Thank you so much for your response.

Raju

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources