Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa for Law Clerks

Hi, Im a new member in this site, and i joined to see if some one can assist me with a question I have.
    I have a 5 year law degree from India and completed an LLM in the US under a F1 visa. Now i am working as a Law clerk in my OPT and want to change to a H1 visa. My question is if Law Clerks are considered as Specialized employemt to qualify for H1 work visa? If the answer is maybe, then id like to know what all i have to show to prove to USCIS that a Law Clerk position is a specialized position. Thanks in Advance.
    Dhiraj

Hi, Im a new member in this site, and i joined to see if some one can assist me with a question I have.
    I have a 5 year law degree from India and completed an LLM in the US under a F1 visa. Now i am working as a Law clerk in my OPT and want to change to a H1 visa. My question is if Law Clerks are considered as Specialized employemt to qualify for H1 work visa? If the answer is maybe, then id like to know what all i have to show to prove to USCIS that a Law Clerk position is a specialized position. Thanks in Advance.
    Dhiraj

Comment

The answer is not maybe, it's yes. A Law Clerk position is a specialty occupation pursuant to H-1B statutory requirements. It's falling under "JobZone 4: Considerable Preparation needed" and with "Education & Training Code 5: Bachelor's degree." The brief duties associated with it are: Assist lawyers or judges by researching or preparing legal documents. May meet with clients or assist lawyers and judges in court. But it's highly recommended that you seek legal guidance in documenting your H-1B petition.

Comment

Thanks... i am getting it done through my law firm, its just that i was covering my bases in case they come back to me and tell me that they are unable because its not in the H1B Handbook 2007, and I searched in the said book and there is no mention either positive or negative in the Handbook on legal positions.

Comment

Which H-1B handbook? Refer to the Occupational Outlook Handbook rather. You could never go wrong. It's from the US Department Of Labor?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation