Deportation question, please help?????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deportation question, please help?????

I am new to posting, so please could anyone help if you can....my husband who is a LPR is serving his 27 month sentence for federal drug charges, soon his time will be served and what is the next step now.....I can't afford an immigration attorney, but I know most likely he will be deported, I just wanted to know what is the process....does INS come and get him before his release to go to court, will he see a judge, what is the ban for re entry to the US once deported the first time if it is possible at all.....any help would be highly appreciated, right now I expect the worse so anything that happens good will be a bonus....

I am new to posting, so please could anyone help if you can....my husband who is a LPR is serving his 27 month sentence for federal drug charges, soon his time will be served and what is the next step now.....I can't afford an immigration attorney, but I know most likely he will be deported, I just wanted to know what is the process....does INS come and get him before his release to go to court, will he see a judge, what is the ban for re entry to the US once deported the first time if it is possible at all.....any help would be highly appreciated, right now I expect the worse so anything that happens good will be a bonus....

Comment

joan joan joan.....start packing your bags....he will not be released from prison. At the time of his release INS will place a hold om him (he should have one by now)...Then INS will pick him up (from the prison) and take him to an Immigration Prison. Where then, he will have to see a judge, and bla bla bla....and then he'll be deported. There is no waiver for drug convictions, and most likely when deported will not ever ever ever be allowed back in.

Comment

and really, besides 'republicanwriter' who needs another drug dealing $hitbag?

Comment

Joan, Its all depends upon his criminal history as well as how long he was here. Its is Definate that he will be picked up by the DHS after his 27 months and he will be in immigration custody. He will be issued NTA and will be allowed to go to Immigration court. But He will only be given relief if he meet the relief requirement.
          One can asses the Relief of cencellation of removal By 5 + years as green card holder, + Good moral +Hardship to USC OR LPR .
          CMIT is not be forgiven eaisly. He may loose his GC and he May has to reapply again. Once hes relief is granted.

Ther are other way for some Aliens who are not GC holder 5 years, but they belongs to countries which are not deportable. they can get removal but cannot be deported. these aliens can be released with 90 days review after deportation Under INA 241.5 Of 8 C.F.R. Not going in details, right now.
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

sorry for your situation but why the h.e.l.l would you be with a crackhead? that alone tells me about your personality and intelligent as well.

Sorry if you are in the US a guest or conditional and you do any crime.I think you should be kicked out as well,after prison time.

****, even as permanent resident you can be deported for felony charges etc...

So my advice "behave"!...sorry drug charges are big time in the USA...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation