X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Re-entry permits

Hi,

How many times can you apply for multiple re-entry permits?

say you apply today, the permit is issued in 3 months so effectively I could live abroad for 2 years and 3 months.

Afterwards, could I apply for a second re-entry permit of say 1 year, and then after that year or year and something apply for another 1 year permit?

The total would 2+1+1 (years abroad) excluding delays in processing and issuing visa

Thanks

Hi,

How many times can you apply for multiple re-entry permits?

say you apply today, the permit is issued in 3 months so effectively I could live abroad for 2 years and 3 months.

Afterwards, could I apply for a second re-entry permit of say 1 year, and then after that year or year and something apply for another 1 year permit?

The total would 2+1+1 (years abroad) excluding delays in processing and issuing visa

Thanks

Comment

What visa?

Multiple Entry visa for tourist?

If you're granted a multiple entry like say
      5 years or 10 years..that means you can go in and out of the US within 5 years or 10 years.

It doesn't mean you can stay for 5 years or 10.
      The period of stay will be decided by the immigration on your Fort of Entry they will give you a I-94.

And as far as I know the maximum stay given for tourist is 6 months or 1 year ( if you apply for extension of stay).

Note: you have to exit the US before your 1-94
      will expire. But you can go back again with the same visa ( multiple Entry Visa)

Comment

As GC holder, one can and should apply for re-entry permit if he/she plans to spend more than 1 year outside USA.

WC, you can apply for re-entry permit more than once. It will be up to USC to issue it or not. There is a question on the form how much time one has spent outside the USA...

It used to be that one can send the form and leave immediately. I hear now applicants are called for fingerprinting, so they have to wait in the USA for that...

Comment

Here is some more information about it, you should read it all because it could affect your future regarding the GC and Naturalization.

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/reentry-permit.html
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
          1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Thanks to you all,

Another scenario

1) if I re-apply for a re-entry permit (I am a GC holder) which lasts for two years, then return to the States and reside for another two years, could I re-apply for a second two-year re-entry permit in say 4 years (2 years living abroad and two in the States?

2) What is the maximum amount of re-entry permits that a GC holder could obtain in his life, on the basis that he did not naturalize?

Many thanks again.

PS: I also heard that I can have my re-entry permit filled out, present to it to US customs officers if necessary, then once in the States apply for the permit, but no fingerprints are necessary. Is that true?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation