X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal own the business??

this is my story....
    i came here with F1 Visa and i won the dv lottery on 2003. While my green card was in processing i open the business. i got the denied case letter in Nov 2003 because of the time ( it said in the letter). my lawyer told me taht i can waiting for them to do something in this case. Since that i have never got anything from them. I had written the letter to congressman but nothing happen. What should i do to live here legally?

this is my story....
    i came here with F1 Visa and i won the dv lottery on 2003. While my green card was in processing i open the business. i got the denied case letter in Nov 2003 because of the time ( it said in the letter). my lawyer told me taht i can waiting for them to do something in this case. Since that i have never got anything from them. I had written the letter to congressman but nothing happen. What should i do to live here legally?

Comment

Sure, you won't be alone.

Comment

colorbones marry bigdummy, she will help you.

Comment

our congressmen are not yours -you are an illegal alien and a visa cheat....leave my country and go back to your fly-infested country and enjoy life.

Comment

Marasmas,

That was mean

Comment

There's no need for insults. If you can't answer the question then the best thing to do would be to keep your mouth shut. It's obvious the guy is searching for answers. As a USC I'd advice you to marry some responsible lady that is a USC.

Comment

AB.. Thank you so very very much for good advice.

and Thank God that we still have good person like AB in this board

Comment

AB do you mean bigdummy is not responsible? I said marry bigdummy and first you say I should not say that, then you tell him the same thing.

Are you here or there?

The girl has a phd, is she not marriage material?

Comment

File an appeal. Find out why you were denied and try to fix it. You have a year to work on your DV Permanent Residency. Were you over the year? Or were you denied for another reason.

It is not illegal for you to own a business or a home in the US - you just cannot work - so you can own the business and hire others to do the work!

Comment

"It is not illegal for you to own a business or a home in the US - you just cannot work - so you can own the business and hire others to do the work!"

Hmmmm

I would think that the issue surrounding illegal employment has to do more with income generation than the actual act of working. It seems to me that if it is illegal to earn income in the U.S. If your business is creating an income then you are violating the law. Furthermore, I would think that the act of running the business would be argued as "working"

Comment

sugarpuff, according to your logic owners of the "Nissan" and other foreign car manufacturers who have plants in US are "illegal workers" by definition.

For your information, I am letting you know that dragonlady is correct.
                        It is not illegal for you to own a business or a home in the US - you just cannot work - so you can own the business and hire others to do the work
                        Best Regards,
                        IE

Comment

IE:

Two Points;

One: The owners of Nissan Car Company do not reside inside of the U.S. illegally. That is the issue

Two: I THOUGHT you put me on your list of people to whom you will not respond. Why are you not honoring your own rule?

Comment

Those are two separate issues: Owning business in US and residing in US illegally.

Best Regards,
                            IE

P.S. I never wrote that "I put you on my list of people to whom I will not respond:.

This is what I actually wrote:

[quote,ImmortalE - Posted January 23, 2006 04:03 PM ] Dear kind Sir Sugarpuff,
                            in this particular instance I must discount your request..[/quote]

And :

[quote, same post] ]In future I will simply ignore such statements from you [/quote]

Comment

Yes they are two separate issues, and we were talking about both existing at the same time.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation