X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moondin
    replied
    a previous overstay CAN be grounds for denial of a benefit. I would go seek a lawyer. Only marraige erases that.

-= nav =-

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Hi

I am a F1 student who entered the country legally, however, I lost my status while I was in the country for a period of 18 months. I did manage to get a new I20 recently (long story), and at the moment want to file AOS through a son of USC, my I130 has already been approved, and the NVC told me its time for me to file AOS, because a Visa number has become available to me.

My Question: When I get to the interview part of AOS - will I be in trouble for the period that I was out of status? even though I am currently in status when my AOS application is filed.

Thanks Guys

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    started a topic EXPERT OPINION on AOS

EXPERT OPINION on AOS

Hi

I am a F1 student who entered the country legally, however, I lost my status while I was in the country for a period of 18 months. I did manage to get a new I20 recently (long story), and at the moment want to file AOS through a son of USC, my I130 has already been approved, and the NVC told me its time for me to file AOS, because a Visa number has become available to me.

My Question: When I get to the interview part of AOS - will I be in trouble for the period that I was out of status? even though I am currently in status when my AOS application is filed.

Thanks Guys
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation