Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud all the way to citizenship

I married my husband in good faith. I am an American. He on the other hand had other plans. I did not know that my husband was illegal until after we got married. He had a legal social security card so I never thought anything about it. I did not know anything about immigration. After we got married and I found out I went to work and learned everything I could and filed his I-130.His divorce and the I-130 did not match,he called a judge in his country and had the divorce document date changed to one year earlier.Although he treated me bad at times,I still held onto the hope of a lasting marraige. Well, he played his games through the green card,the removal of conditons,permanent redidency and now he has received his citizenship. I did not know he applied for his citizenship He applied for it behind my back.And now he is gone and wants a divorce. Is it too late because of the citizenship to report this to USCIS.? I do not want to get a divorce and just go away.

People use people. All the time. It is called capitalism.
    WTF can you do?

Comment

yes jande its too late,,there is nothing that u or the immigration can do about it,,hes a us citizen now ...sorry

Comment

Hello Jande PLEASE do not listen to these people who are frauds themselves; I do not want to help them or your ex husband but I know a way to help you. I will send you a private message, For now, do not post anything to feed the fraudster monkeys and your ex husband; thank you. Await a private message.

Comment

Write an official complaint to DA or USA (US Attorney).
          If statute of limitations has not expired , if there is enough evidence to prove his fraudulent activity in court of law, if INA allows to reopen the case at this stage and strip him off of his citizenship and if DA or USA finds this case worthy of prosecution, then they may as well bring him to court and ,ultimately, to justice.

Comment

Its too late....u can not do nothing...even if you could.He has all the right in the world to leave u and divorce you.....does not mean it was fraud...its more complicated than you think to proof that.

Comment

ur right (HBKHBK)there is nothing that the immigration or the DA or even bush him self can do about it,,,and dont listen to the stupid sonofmichel ,,bcoz hes wife cheated on him and dumped hes a s s ,,and if he was so smart why did she dumped him anyway....ther is no one can do anything about it,,,thats bottom line,,hes a u.s citizen now,,and there is no power to take hes citizen from him,,,and even if u take him to court ,,so what,,there is no way to prove it.......ur word againts hes word,,so dont waste ur time

Comment

jande - you need an experienced lawyer to go through the details and give you an opinion..

And you also need to take a long and deep look into your motivation to go after him.. Keep in mind, it may be a long and expensive journey, and it may implicate you as well..

Saying just: he used me for GC and citizenship isn't going to be enough. You guys were married for at least 3 years... longer than many USC-USC couples.

What does "his divorce and the I-130 did not match" mean? Were the two of you married before he was granted the divorce from ex-wife? If yes, that may be a reason enough to revoke his naturalization; his naturalization was based on PR gained through marriage, and that marriage wasn't valid if he was still married to another person at the time of your wedding...

Comment

Que mon coeur lache Hot Version

Comment

Originally posted by jande34808:
                    I married my husband in good faith. I am an American. He on the other hand had other plans. I did not know that my husband was illegal until after we got married. He had a legal social security card so I never thought anything about it. I did not know anything about immigration. After we got married and I found out I went to work and learned everything I could and filed his I-130.His divorce and the I-130 did not match,he called a judge in his country and had the divorce document date changed to one year earlier.Although he treated me bad at times,I still held onto the hope of a lasting marraige. Well, he played his games through the green card,the removal of conditons,permanent redidency and now he has received his citizenship. I did not know he applied for his citizenship He applied for it behind my back.And now he is gone and wants a divorce. Is it too late because of the citizenship to report this to USCIS.? I do not want to get a divorce and just go away.
                    Hi Jande, You're going through a lot ... it's not easy NOR is it fair ! My situation somewhat similar, and it's been a horror story.

I might has missed something, but I don't see how long you were married. And, by what method was he considered illegal ? An overstay ?? You didn't mention how recently he received his citizenship either. ?? Did you file the I-864 (affidavit for support) for him?? (hope not) That's the financial 'biggy'...

About that document he had changed ... do you have proof of it? ~ copies of the before & after ? It probably isn't enough to PROVE a fraud case, but if you do have more, I'm sure action could be taken!

"If you (he) give false documents, misrepresent facts or otherwise engage in fraud, USCIS will take appropriate action"

Keep your chin up
                    God Bless America ! Love IT ....or LEAVE it !

Comment

Originally posted by RationalE:
                      Write an official complaint to DA or USA (US Attorney).
                      If statute of limitations has not expired , if there is enough evidence to prove his fraudulent activity in court of law, if INA allows to reopen the case at this stage and strip him off of his citizenship and if DA or USA finds this case worthy of prosecution, then they may as well bring him to court and ,ultimately, to justice.
                      What IS the time period for the statute of limitations on this ? Would you point me to a site where I can read more about this ... thanks

...AND dare I ask what this translates into in english??? Or shouldn't I ask? lol It was an interesting 'short' to say the least!

Que mon coeur lache

Comment

Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                        Hello Jande PLEASE do not listen to these people who are frauds themselves; I do not want to help them or your ex husband but I know a way to help you. I will send you a private message, For now, do not post anything to feed the fraudster monkeys and your ex husband; thank you. Await a private message.
                        And to you SOMichael... by now, if you've read any of my posts, you can see that I'm sort of in the same boat, although I didn't commit the fraud...HE did! In any event, I would appreciate any info/messages you care to share with me ! ??

Thanks !

Comment

What IS the time period for the statute of limitations on this ? Would you point me to a site where I can read more about this ... thanks
                          I am not sure but, supposing it's a case of US Citizenship obtained by fraud, my guess is 5 years.
                          Google it for few minutes and you will find out.

...AND dare I ask what this translates into in english??? Or shouldn't I ask? lol It was an interesting 'short' to say the least!
                          Que mon coeur lache
                          Just click and watch - it's a video clip.

Comment

Originally posted by aneri:
                            Saying just: he used me for GC and citizenship isn't going to be enough. You guys were married for at least 3 years... longer than many USC-USC couples.
                            Aneri, where would one go to find suggestions/info which would be helpful in proving marriage fraud ?

I've been searching a LOT of sites...I'm still getting info together and HOPE to do the right and legal thing ...soon. That is, iF my time hasn't run out. We were married less than 3 years ~ the I-751 should have been filed back in '03...at which time he became illegal. He is now remarried.

And these are for you too

Thanks in advance for your help!!

All comments are more than welcome

Comment

Originally posted by RationalE:
                              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What IS the time period for the statute of limitations on this ? Would you point me to a site where I can read more about this ... thanks
                              I am not sure but, supposing it's a case of US Citizenship obtained by fraud, my guess is 5 years.
                              Google it for few minutes and you will find out.

Que mon coeur lache
                              Just click and watch - it's a video clip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks RationalE ... I'm hoping it's 5 years ~ will check further. Guess I have to find out when the clock STARTS ticking! I just posted more info (above) ...he filed for divorce in '04 citing 'abused spouse' ... I still wonder who he might have gotten 'proof' from... he asked my minister, who refused ... Anybody who knows me, knows that charge is a joke!! He's just a big-time CON artist!

The clip was quite interesting ...the ending was quite the surprise!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation