Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US citizen Parent & under 21 kids

Hello, I am US citizen and planning to file I130 for my parent. If my parent petition become current, can all of my yonger brother & sister (currently 15 & 17) are automatically come with my parent ? OR My parent come first and need to apply for them later ???
    Thanks

Hello, I am US citizen and planning to file I130 for my parent. If my parent petition become current, can all of my yonger brother & sister (currently 15 & 17) are automatically come with my parent ? OR My parent come first and need to apply for them later ???
    Thanks

Comment

Not under current law. When you file for your parents, they get immediate relative visas. Your siblings do not. You can file separate petitions for them. (Fourth Preference has a wait of 12-22 years for the visa.) Or your parents can file after they immigrate. (Second Preference has a wait of 4-7 years.)

Comment

Hi Citizen2004:
        You need to file for your parents as immediate relative and once your parents become LPR, they will in turn petition for their minor children.

Comment

Thanks for the very valuable info. I thought, once my Parents get visa, under 21 of kids are followed by the parents together.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation