X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AliBA
    replied
    I'd guess, based on the experiences of a couple of highly educated women I know who married third world men that what matters most is the discrepancy in education and "status". One woman, a Ph.D., went to Turkey and married an attractive guy without much education (she was pretty homely as well). As far as I know, they're still married and living here. Another (a blonde attractive woman working on a master's) married an Egyptian in Egypt and brought him home. They'd been living together in Egypt, and had a big wedding there. He was college educated. They came back here, no problem.

Leave a comment:

• Glühbirne
    replied
    How big of a role does an alien's national origin play in his/her chances of adjusting status without problems? For sake of discussion lets say through marriage. I don't mean in terms of laws. I mean in terms of real life. Immigration officers are human and I'm sure that many of them have prejudices and faults just like anyone else. Do you think that people from cetain countries are scrutinezed less than people from other countries? Do you think that male aliens married to female USCs are treated differently than female aliens married to male USCs?

Leave a comment:

• Glühbirne
    started a topic Honest Qustion about national origin

Honest Qustion about national origin

How big of a role does an alien's national origin play in his/her chances of adjusting status without problems? For sake of discussion lets say through marriage. I don't mean in terms of laws. I mean in terms of real life. Immigration officers are human and I'm sure that many of them have prejudices and faults just like anyone else. Do you think that people from cetain countries are scrutinezed less than people from other countries? Do you think that male aliens married to female USCs are treated differently than female aliens married to male USCs?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney