Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC marrying in Guatemala

Next month I'm marrying a Guatemalan man and we want to move to the US as soon as possible. I'm concerned that he may be ineligible as he entered the US without inspection and was caught within the first day of entering, in March 2005. They released him, giving him a court date for May. He left the US before his court date in April 2005 and we met shortly afterwards in Guatemala and have been together for more than a year. The US doesn't have a record of his departure and the only proof would be his employment in Guatemala and our marriage here in July 2006. Is it still possible for him to come to the US and what would the time frame and process be?

Next month I'm marrying a Guatemalan man and we want to move to the US as soon as possible. I'm concerned that he may be ineligible as he entered the US without inspection and was caught within the first day of entering, in March 2005. They released him, giving him a court date for May. He left the US before his court date in April 2005 and we met shortly afterwards in Guatemala and have been together for more than a year. The US doesn't have a record of his departure and the only proof would be his employment in Guatemala and our marriage here in July 2006. Is it still possible for him to come to the US and what would the time frame and process be?

Comment

Read carefully what you wrote, and re-write your post & question logically and consistently.
      Someone may then try to answer and help you.

Comment

You will probably have to file an I-212. You can get a lot of helpful info at http://www.immigrate2us.net

There is a lot less of the c r a p that you see above, so it's easier to get information.
        Have a nice day

Comment

1 ..we want to move to the US as soon as possible.. (meaning "we" are not in US).

2. He left US before Court day in May,2005

3. ..we met shortly afterwards in Guatemala and have been together for more than a year..

4. The US doesn't have a record of his departure and the only proof would be his employment in Guatemala and our marriage here in July 2006. ( )

Qs:

1. Where is he now, in Guatemala or US?
          If in Guatememala, what would "our marriage here in July 2006" mean?

2. Why left US before Court date vs. asking the Court for VD before leaving?

3. In any case he would be subject to statutory bars of admission (EWI, been in proceedings, probably ordered removed in absentia and etc.).

Depending on details and circumstances of the individual case he may be eligible to file for waiver or may be subject to permanent bar of admission.

It is impossible to suggest anything reasonable because OP post describes things vaguely, at one point making a self-contradictory statement.

I would reccomend anyone who wants to file for waiver to consult professional immigration attorney and explore statutory grounds of waver before applying for it.

Regards,

IE

Comment

He entered the United States illegally in March 2005 and was caught and released. He voluntarily returned to Guatemala before his court date in April 2005.

He is in Guatemala and our marriage will take place next month in Guatemala.

Comment

I think you would first have to sponsor him , then he would be interviewed at US Embassy in Guatemala (at which point his Visa would be denied and proper forms provided to file for waiver).

Visit http://www.immigrate2us.net, as above poster suggested, and consult professional immigration attorney for further assistance.

Comment

Goodness! Why does USCIS not have a record of his departure? He would have served one year of his bar already.

I hope your post isn't implying what I think it is. You aren't seriously thinking of him sneaking back in through the same hole in the fence are you?
                The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation