•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice my fahter is american

pamheart
    Posted October 07, 2005 01:52 AM
    hi to all,is nice to have this site to everyone..well this my family case..my father and my mom they are not married for 16 years then my father when to u.s.a.as tourist visa to see his american father born in u.s.a.when my father apply for u.s.passport with his father is so easy to have his u.s.passport its mean he got his u.s.passport from state dapartment ang my father find a job now he have a good job.now my father file a fincees to my mother coz they not married.now we came to u.s.a. as fiancees visa thru my mom as k1 and k2 visa we are here now my sister and brother we 8 children my father got married my mom since we got here in 3 day now my father adjust our status now we have our appoinment already a appointment my question is why two sister their papers was send to california and they didn't recieved an appointment letter same us,my fahter was worried abouth it they went to bcis office today in charllotte n.c. and talk to immigration officer.according to immigration officer was my father told thay have change new law last too weeks for a child under age, she said it might be thay send this papers for to child it might thay wiil be automatic u.s.citizen but the immigration officer said they have already same case as we have coz this a new law,my father ask the immigration officer again why the other children they didn't have the same way,the officer said that coz they sent fisrt that leeter befor have change the newlaw. my father still worried about it....pls give us advice what will happen to my two sister papers why they sent this in california my father check to bcis process and my fahter found according to case said thay recieved the papers for aos its take about 270 day to 300 befor they said it was 120 day to 180 but all papers was take more than 180 its was more than year its 13 month.....my father really dont know what goin on... pls...... advice...... thanks you to all of you guysssss.......

pamheart
    Posted October 07, 2005 01:52 AM
    hi to all,is nice to have this site to everyone..well this my family case..my father and my mom they are not married for 16 years then my father when to u.s.a.as tourist visa to see his american father born in u.s.a.when my father apply for u.s.passport with his father is so easy to have his u.s.passport its mean he got his u.s.passport from state dapartment ang my father find a job now he have a good job.now my father file a fincees to my mother coz they not married.now we came to u.s.a. as fiancees visa thru my mom as k1 and k2 visa we are here now my sister and brother we 8 children my father got married my mom since we got here in 3 day now my father adjust our status now we have our appoinment already a appointment my question is why two sister their papers was send to california and they didn't recieved an appointment letter same us,my fahter was worried abouth it they went to bcis office today in charllotte n.c. and talk to immigration officer.according to immigration officer was my father told thay have change new law last too weeks for a child under age, she said it might be thay send this papers for to child it might thay wiil be automatic u.s.citizen but the immigration officer said they have already same case as we have coz this a new law,my father ask the immigration officer again why the other children they didn't have the same way,the officer said that coz they sent fisrt that leeter befor have change the newlaw. my father still worried about it....pls give us advice what will happen to my two sister papers why they sent this in california my father check to bcis process and my fahter found according to case said thay recieved the papers for aos its take about 270 day to 300 befor they said it was 120 day to 180 but all papers was take more than 180 its was more than year its 13 month.....my father really dont know what goin on... pls...... advice...... thanks you to all of you guysssss.......

Comment

Hi pamheart: because all the children of an american citizent, who immigrate to USA before 18 years old, are automatic american citizen.

AMERICAN CONSULATE GENERAL
      CIUDAD JUAREZ, CHIH., MEXICO
      Child Citizenship Act of 2000
      As you complete the process of seeking an immigrant visa for your child, please note that your child may benefit from the provisions of the "Child Citizenship Act of 2000." This law, effective on February 27, 2001, facilitates the acquisition of United States citizenship for the foreign-born children (both biological and adopted) of United States citizen parents when those children do not acquire United States citizenship at birth.
      Under this law, children automatically acquire U.S. citizenship if all of the following conditions have been met:
      1. One parent is a U.S. citizen, by birth or through naturalization.
      2. The child is under the age of eighteen.
      3. The child is residing in the United States pursuant to a lawful admission as a permanent resident alien in the legal and physical custody of the American citizen parent.
      Adopted children must meet the requirements of either Section 101(b)(1)(E) or Section 101(b)(1)(F) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
      Under this law, U.S. citizenship becomes effective on the day the last of the foregoing conditions have been met. Thus, U.S. citizenship will not date back to your child's date of birth.
      Although U.S. citizenship is conferred automatically with respect to those who qualify, you nonetheless may want to obtain documentary proof of your child's status as a U.S. citizen thereby making his/her acquisition of U.S. citizenship a matter of record.
      To assist you in this regard, we are enclosing an application for United States passport. After your entry into the United States and your child's admission for permanent residence, you may take the completed application to any passport agency or any clerk of court or post office that is authorized to accept such applications. As proof that your child has complied with the third condition cited above, it is important to present either your child's alien registration card a.k.a. a "green card" or the passport containing the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services ("BCIS") endorsement made at the time of his/her initial admission into the United States as an immigrant. For further information on the passport application process, please consult the Department of State's website at http://www.state.gov/
      You can also document your child's citizenship by applying to the INS for a Certificate of Citizenship. Information pertaining to the Certificate of Citizenship can be obtained by logging on to the BCIS's website at http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/index.htm Please note, however, that a Certificate of Citizenship is not a travel document and cannot be used in lieu of a passport for that purpose.
      I hope that this letter has been useful. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions pertaining to this law.
      Sincerely,
      U.S. Consular Officer
      CDJ-455/FEB2001

I hope this help.

Comment

hi mr,consul pls.help us why the immigration officer give us 2years conditonal greencard supouse to be a 10 years green card i hope u still remember me my to sister they not had there inverview coz there papers was sent to california pls help us......... we need your hlep.........pam heart

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation