Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused......

Okay, I have a few questions,hope somebody can help me out.
    I've been married since Nov 04,started my process in March 2005 and my interview was scheduled for Feb 23,2006. I live in NYC,so I was surprised by how fast the process has been. However now I was browing the message board and found out that this interview will only give me a "conditional" GC. Is that correct? So when should I be receiving the "real" thing? Will another interview be scheduled? If so,how long after the 1st interview?

Also,I'm having problems gathering proofs that my marriage is bonafide,even though it is. I'm 22 and a full time student. I don't work, my family help us out financially, so there is no letter from my employer,since I dont have one, joint credit cards, etc. We share an apt with a friend and the lease is on her name. We both (me & my husband) have ids with the same address though...My husband is 26 and a music producer. He's also working off the books so he wont have any letters from his employer either. We filed our taxes together but we will be using my uncle (USC) as a sponsor.
    My question is do you think i'll have any problems during the interview?we're just a young couple trying to make it, but do you think the interviewer will question our marriage? We wont have any problems answering personal questions or showing pictures, but will this be enough? what else could we bring?

thanks a lot

Okay, I have a few questions,hope somebody can help me out.
    I've been married since Nov 04,started my process in March 2005 and my interview was scheduled for Feb 23,2006. I live in NYC,so I was surprised by how fast the process has been. However now I was browing the message board and found out that this interview will only give me a "conditional" GC. Is that correct? So when should I be receiving the "real" thing? Will another interview be scheduled? If so,how long after the 1st interview?

Also,I'm having problems gathering proofs that my marriage is bonafide,even though it is. I'm 22 and a full time student. I don't work, my family help us out financially, so there is no letter from my employer,since I dont have one, joint credit cards, etc. We share an apt with a friend and the lease is on her name. We both (me & my husband) have ids with the same address though...My husband is 26 and a music producer. He's also working off the books so he wont have any letters from his employer either. We filed our taxes together but we will be using my uncle (USC) as a sponsor.
    My question is do you think i'll have any problems during the interview?we're just a young couple trying to make it, but do you think the interviewer will question our marriage? We wont have any problems answering personal questions or showing pictures, but will this be enough? what else could we bring?

thanks a lot

Comment

If you are married less than 2 years at the time of your AOS interview and you get approved, you will get a 2 year conditional GC. It looks exactly the same as a 10 year GC and you will have all the rights of a permanent resident. You will have to apply for removal of conditions within 90 days before the expiration of your conditional GC. Sometimes if you do not have enough proof to show that your marriage is bonafide, they do no approve your AOS petition at the time of your first interview and will schedule another interview after sometime.

There is still sometime left in your interview and you can sign for joint utilities with your husband at the apartment where you live, sign up for a joint credt card. You will have 4or 5 statements before you go for your interview. Get letter from your school that you are a full time student. Try to collect as much joint proof as you can so that you get approved at the time of first interview.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation