Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those who learned about I-864 in depth

I need to get an correct answer on this subject. Seems like not too many people know the answer to this question.

I am a co-sponsor on the Affidavit of Support for my mother-in-law, which I have recently signed. She originally was on the political asalym case and was able to seek free medical services from free med clinics. And now, since her case was switched to a marriage to USC and I became a co-sponsor (her husband is a sponsor of course), we are trying to find out if she can still use the services of free medical clinic, since she is considered low income.

I would appreciate if someone could give an answer to this question, only if they know it and had the same experience.

Thank you.

I need to get an correct answer on this subject. Seems like not too many people know the answer to this question.

I am a co-sponsor on the Affidavit of Support for my mother-in-law, which I have recently signed. She originally was on the political asalym case and was able to seek free medical services from free med clinics. And now, since her case was switched to a marriage to USC and I became a co-sponsor (her husband is a sponsor of course), we are trying to find out if she can still use the services of free medical clinic, since she is considered low income.

I would appreciate if someone could give an answer to this question, only if they know it and had the same experience.

Thank you.

Comment

Clinics differ in their requirements but it should be based on family income (her and her husband) and not have to do with your "sponsorship". She should be able to use the services but have her call in advance and tell them what her circumstances are. She doesn't need to be afraid. County health clinics are used to working with low-income and foreign-born people and are there to help, including providing interpreters in necessary. I work for the county health department in my city. Good luck and please encourage her to call.

Comment

Thank you very much, Billiedance. I appreciate your insight on this

Comment

Always happy to help.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board