Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved I-130

My question is "if an I-130 for an immediate relative (parent of a USC) is approved then is there any dead line for the benificiary to apply for the visa in a US embassy? or the benificiary can apply whenever he or she wants?

My question is "if an I-130 for an immediate relative (parent of a USC) is approved then is there any dead line for the benificiary to apply for the visa in a US embassy? or the benificiary can apply whenever he or she wants?

Comment

You do not apply for the visa. When your 1-130 is approved, the approval is sent to the NVC. You then wait for your visa to be processed. They will send you the forms you need to fill out for consular processing (as well as the bill for the forms). You may have to wait a few years.

Check processing dates on the visa bulletin.

Comment

... by immediately returning or taking a time to pay the bills and return the papers sent by NVC and, after that, the embassy, one can either speed up or delay the process to certain extent. Some embassies schedule interviews within weeks of receiving all the papers, the others take months, even up to a year.

Once visa is issued, the benefiaciary has, in most cases, 6 months to enter the US.

Comment

?

Comment

Young man,

Where are you currently residing? If in the US, then you need to file the I-485 upon receive NOA for the approval of I-30. Don't act cute and wait till you are ready, you will regret the day you set your foot in Uncle Sam.
            File as soon as you receive NOA of from USCIS.

Congrats and good luck....

Preparation meeting opportunity= LUCK

Comment

After your approval is sent, NVC will send you forms and bills to pay for the forms. When you have paid for everything and filled out the forms, you will be asked to go for an interview at the consular office. If you pass the interview, you will be issued the visa. You can then enter the U.S. (they can deny entry if all you papers are not in order)and apply for permanent residency (file I-485). You have 1 year from the date the visa is issued to file. It is best to file ASAP.

Comment

If your in the US, I thought you couldn't file a 1-485 until a visa no became available?

Comment

I am not residing in the US. My Visa petition was approved in August 06 and NOA was received by the petitioner (My Daughter). The case has been sent to NVC and My daughter received bill for Affidavit of support. She filed it back. But I (Benificiary) did not receive any thing yet. So what is next?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Man:
                    The case has been sent to NVC and My daughter received bill for Affidavit of support. She filed it back. But I (Benificiary) did not receive any thing yet. So what is next? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    Once NVC complets its part (has your daugter received anything else besides bill for Affidavit?), and your priority date is curent the file will be sent to the consular office in your country. (to some contries, file is sent before immigrant visa number is available and sits at the consulate).
                    When the time comes, the consulate will send you further instructions (about medical, police reports...). Once you are done with that, the interview will be scheduled.

If one is granted an immigrant visa, he/she doesn't need to file I-485 upon arriving in the US. That person becomes permanent resident once he/she enteres the US and receives green card in the mail.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation