Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston,

Yes - sadly that is true. I try to look for the candidates that support the majority of my key issues - I've crossed the party line a time or two. And, I'll do it again if I think it will move our country in a better direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Houston:
      As a matter of fact, many Republicans voted Democrat this past November. It's a personal selection, but it's true that many still vote for whoever runs on behalf of the party.
      That's true, but watch what's happening next. The country is fed up with all the right issues and hovering around in the right corner, and because of that, there is a great chance that the democrats will next time even get the oval office. That, would put the country into the exact opposit corner, which most likely will upset the balance again. I wished people would stick with their convictions.
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Bottom line is, you're still illegal. You need to stop spending so much time posting in these forums and use the effort to become legal. I think you will have such a different view if you obtain legal status.
        But in order to become legal, a return trip back to one's own home country is necessary, as well as long waiting times and large sums of money.

Btw, my husband wants me in his country and you have no say whether I stay or go home. So booo- I'm shaking in my boots.
        Then it is your husband the one to blame for your unhappy and hateful life in America, not the government, nor its policies.

Comment

Originally posted by ProudUSC:
          Bottom line is, you're still illegal. You need to stop spending so much time posting in these forums and use the effort to become legal. I think you will have such a different view if you obtain legal status.
          I have been trying to do this for two decades now. I'd say it's definately time to revamp the stone age laws and make sure other poeple don't have to go through the same.

As far as me, the ball is now in USCIS's court.
          “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Houston:
            As a matter of fact, many Republicans voted Democrat this past November. It's a personal selection, but it's true that many still vote for whoever runs on behalf of the party.
            That's true, but watch what's happening next. The country is fed up with all the right issues and hovering around in the right corner, and because of that, there is a great chance that the democrats will next time even get the oval office. That, would put the country into the exact opposit corner, which most likely will upset the balance again. I wished people would stick with their convictions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            I am not sure about that. First of all, not all the Democrats are behind the front runner, Sen Hillary Clinton, especially the anti-war crowd. Sen Obama is a relavely unknown and that has scared many voters away. Then you have the retreads such as former Sen John Edwards, Retired Army General Wesley Clark, Sen Biden, Sen Christopher Dodd, Rep Kucinich, and a few others. As for the Republican party, the front runners are Sen John McCain, former NYC mayor Rudy Guiliani, and Former Gov Mitt Romney. Sen McCain holds the edge overall on both parties. He is a maverick and that may be what the country needs as President.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How can anyone who puts political affiliations aside vote for anyone in a democracy? That is ludicrous! One is either is a democrat or a concervative.
              What a crock of $hit! It has to be black or white to you, huh? OMG! That's what different about America. You can belong to a certain party and change your mind at election time. Just because you are registered a certain way doesn't mean you have to vote that way. You need to become informed about the candidates' qualifications, policies, intents way before election time. Just because I'm affiliated with a certain party doesn't mean I'm going to vote for them if they haven't earned it! That's what is so great about this country! Freedom of Choice! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't do that, because I'd be scared that they would pull one on me down the road. I think that politicians do everything to get your vote. They go as far as lying openly to get it. Here I would like to remind on Bush senior with his "read my lips.... deal"! I am a liberal democrat by conviction. I listen to who the democrats put up, and choose the candidate that I think realizes my ideals best. In that regard, I can deal with liberalism sprinkled with some conservatism, but I could never deal with it the other way around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              then you are limiting your options. Would you still vote Democrat if the party held the line that "all illegals need to go?" Or what about Sen Jim Webb who wants to curb legal immigration, especially foreign workers, to ridiculously low levels. Now, lets take a look at former President Clionton. One of the first things he said in his inaguaral address was that this was going to be a new administration with an open door policy (no closed meetings). However, in 1993, he appointed a commission headed by his wife behind closed doors trying to fix health care. What was worse, not all the parties involved in administering the health care were invited, espcecially the health insurance companies. Then, lets go a little deeper in the past. Do you realize it was the Democrats who kept the Jim Crow laws in place during the first half of the century, but it was a Southern Democrat who also signed into law, the Civil Rights Act. Most Republicans believed in the law, but could not get it passed in the state level where they thought the law should be, not federal. So, you still want to vote Democrat now? Or do you use political hypocrisy which you lower your standards on one party and apply a different set of standards on the other party? And voting straight ticket for Democrat, Republican, or Libertarian is the laxiest way to vote and shows you are incapable of original thought. You basically have becomoe a cheap ***** in politics. Congradulations, Koller!
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

dmartmar i see, so it means that she marry you while she's in J1 VISA, isn't it wrong to do that?
                isn't it she have to go back to her country first and get a k1 VISA LIKE I DID, if you really against the people who are lying about coming here for visit or study but their intentions are really to get married, why did you do that then, marry a girl on a j1 visa, why didn't you make here go home and do it the right way.
                chinita

Comment

proudusc that would be good for you to work as border patrol haha. oops before you whine and hate me ill tell you now i am legal here.
                  chinita

Comment

this is a good advice proudusc, instead of you wasting your time here, whining and hating all the illegal immigrants, i bet it would be a good feeling for you to caught them and send them back to their country, plus here you will not make any money whining and and hating, border patrol will give you a good feeling serving your country and plus a salary.
                    chinita

Comment

Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                      And, what are you saying, Kollerkrot? You apparently are one of the people I mentioned in my post - green card, naturalized, not a US born citizen. Yes, we have the freedom of speech, unlike whatever backwoods country you are from. But most of us US born citizens respect our current governement - even if we disagree with its policies. You people are driving me nuts disregarding our governement and its decisions to keep America above the rest of the low-life countries. If you don't like our policies, go home!

Someone12 - I'm with you all the way!
                      your government is illegal dude

the real Americans of this land are in apartheid condition, without right of decision about them own land and freedom
                      roco

Comment

it is always astonishing to read krap from illegals and illegal alien supporters when these $hitheels are challenged to explain why breaking our laws is "OK", etc.
                        to Iperson: you keep bashing the American lifestyle and American government, yet I don't see your sorry behind on a flight back to the ever-popular, most modern country of POland....during 9-11, who would want to attack Poland???? For what reason? To steal coal or cabbage??
                        So Iperson...if America is such a bad place, get the EFF out of MY country...now

Comment

Originally posted by Someone12:
                          it is always astonishing to read krap from illegals and illegal alien supporters when these $hitheels are challenged to explain why breaking our laws is "OK", etc.
                          to Iperson: you keep bashing the American lifestyle and American government, yet I don't see your sorry behind on a flight back to the ever-popular, most modern country of POland....during 9-11, who would want to attack Poland???? For what reason? To steal coal or cabbage??
                          So Iperson...if America is such a bad place, get the EFF out of MY country...now
                          you are a great idiot dude

do you have any autorization from the first nation, to be born or to live in this land ?
                          NO
                          get out of here you stupid arrogant piece of ****
                          YOU DON"T OWN THIS LAND

WAS STOLEN
                          STOLEN
                          STOLEN
                          STOLEN

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ?
                          roco

Comment

I was born here and I don't need permission from anyone to live in America.
                            The Native Americans lost this land....too bad.

Comment

u make it sound as though it was misplaced. It wasnt!!!! They were rounded up like a bunch of criminals and herded around the country like cattle. This isnt "too bad" this is americas own little hollocaust!! Try looking into ur own history before u condem others. You talk about other countries and thier people as though they are beneath you and are second class citizens. America stands for freedom, it often leads the way for other nations or that is what it publicizes. No racial discrimination... Your too bad comment bothers me but it also makes me realise that America like other countries harbours some very mentally challanged individuals. Not everything is handed to people on a plate and apparently it shows from the lack in some professonally qualified industries that America has asked for help from other countries, they have been coming here and offering thier services and training..... and for that they should be saying thank you. Well u know what.. i will say thank you... thank you to the people who have an acceptance that there is a whole world out there beyond the borders of America and know what life is about. And dont judge and dont condemm but know that a lot of people that are immigrating or have immigrated have worked their asses off to get here... If people are doing it illegally have u thought about why? its not an open and shut case, there is always a story behind each case and should be merrited individually. Your on about terrorists and how were all scum... how many foreign nationals were killing 9-11. Dont throw stones in glass houses......

Comment

Hear Hear!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation