Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by templar:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by solodacat:
    dmartmar do you know how expensive it is to be legal here? you are again talking about your wife who "take advantage" of you, does puerto rican pay taxes in america? just wondered because i do not know. anyway stop complaining about legal immigrants it is not gonna get you any better. find a women who will love you better.
    I don't think Puetoricans are subjected to federal taxation. They get all the benefits of being an American without having to pay tax. The best of both worlds. Only drawback is they don't get representation in the congress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Actually, they have their own taxation system. Under the IRC, if one is a bona fide resident of Puerto Rico, they only file with the Puerto Rican tax authorities. However, if they do not meet that requirement, then they must file with the IRS and most likely with the Puerto Rican authorities. However, to get benefits as a USC, one does not necessarily have to pay in.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Originally posted by solodacat:
      hi guys so far sundevil is very helpful to me with my questions here, i think he is only againts illegal immigrant which i understand. ofcourse american doesn't want illegal immigrant in their country, for so many reason. i am legal immigrant here in america and so far nobody treats me any different and everybody is good to me because i am legal here. i admit philippines is not as great as america but there is illegal immigrants there too believe or not, filipino's hate it. i don't hate illegal immigrant but i don't support them either.
      Actually, SunDevil is against most immigrants. If you spell your name incorrectly or you do not agree with his political views, then he will call you an illegal, get out of here, etc.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Originally posted by Someone12:
        ProudUSC: sure, it's irritating, but it's fun to throw their whining back in their face and challenge them to offer any rational, logical explanation to justify their actions....and listen or watch for the silence that follows....or the "racist, KKK" labels they toss about.
        Review many of my postings (and some of others) when I have challenged either the illegal or their supporter...not a single one has ever come up with any rational, sane, logical (or certainly LEGAL) explanation or rationalization for their actions.....I wonder why not???
        Since when have you used logic, rational responses>

Comment

Originally posted by Someone12:
          ProudUSC: sure, it's irritating, but it's fun to throw their whining back in their face and challenge them to offer any rational, logical explanation to justify their actions....and listen or watch for the silence that follows....or the "racist, KKK" labels they toss about.
          Review many of my postings (and some of others) when I have challenged either the illegal or their supporter...not a single one has ever come up with any rational, sane, logical (or certainly LEGAL) explanation or rationalization for their actions.....I wonder why not???
          I think the reason why you are incapable to initiate a conversation, is because you are disrespectful. Your so called >>throw their whining back in their face and challenge them to offer any rational, logical explanation to justify their actions<< is in fact, producing the exact opposite. This way my friend – all you'll ever get is defensiveness.
          “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Hi hudson I'm so amazed of all your messages here, it shows your fairness. anyway i respect every americans point of view about illegal immigrants but i don't care too, as i am new in this country, i just can't resist to give my opinion to those people who keep whining and hating even to the legal immigrants. Those guys that are whining and hating they we're divorce with a foreigner and don't have successful relationship, now they are thinking all immigrants are doing marriage fraud, isn't it their fault that these girls left them after greencard, maybe because this UCS are not really thinking before they marry them, and then when they are abandoned they will tell everybody that all immigrants that came here for marriage are fraud. what about the real one. i knew a lot of people here who's married to a foreigner but so far not one of them are fraud.
            chinita

Comment

Originally posted by ProudUSC:
              Hudson, where are you coming from? I've read so many posts of yours (looks like copy and paste to me). Do you have an original thought? Please, contain yourself if you can't be somewhat original in your posts.
              As if you don't have an original thought? When I replied to you, I gave you information about Houston whom has previously said he was in law school. Second, I gave you my take (that my original thoughts) on why the immigration system needs fixing. And finally, I gave you nformation about some of my past experience (thats my original thought). But you come here and do not have a single clue about the tirals and tribulations of immigration whatsoever. You carelsssly gave broad generalities about situations you know nothing about. That is a pompous attitude you have. If you can't debate on the complexities and nuances of the current immigration system, then I suggest you learn first before you make similar statements like the one I responded to.

Comment

Actually I didn't mention school, it was another notorious poster who suggested that a long time ago. Anyway, the issue is not me or you or anybody else, the issue is the pernicious immigration crisis that's eating the nation. What good can possibly come out of silence and inaction? So we're better people if we keep quiet about the whole thing? Are we supposed to watch as the nation deteriorates? Does that mean we care?

Silence and blame games are not going to contribute one bit to alleviate the crisis. What's needed is viable solution, and I want to highlight the word "viable".

Viable and effective solutions are not about what you want or what I want but about what the nation needs. Need and desire are two different things, what you need may not be what you want, it's the concept of necessary evil.

So, again, let's talk viable solutions and not waste our time with name-calling, insults and empty talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson:

Actually, they have their own taxation system. Under the IRC, if one is a bona fide resident of Puerto Rico, they only file with the Puerto Rican tax authorities. However, if they do not meet that requirement, then they must file with the IRS and most likely with the Puerto Rican authorities. However, to get benefits as a USC, one does not necessarily have to pay in.
                  You are stating the obvious. The subject was implicitly about federal tax. While US citizens have to pay federal, state, and local taxes, puerto rican are only subjected to only state and local level taxation.

This arrangement suits them just fine as they were given options to join US completely or become independent but refused. Who doesn't want federal dollars without having to pay tax?

Comment

you have a point hudson but ouch! sometimes i guess people can't resist to waste their time (like me) on name calling, insults and empty talk haha, as this is how i express how i feel in this forum when i feel like somebody is insulting somebody like me. this site is indeed a really big help for me about immigrant issue as I'm learning a lot.
                    chinita

Comment

Originally posted by Houston:
                      So, again, let's talk viable solutions and not waste our time with name-calling, insults and empty talk.
                      What for?

In case you forgot, you are posting in a thread that's titled "Someone12 is my Hero"

Comment

**** i am confuse between hudson and houston omg, lmao.
                        chinita

Comment

Here, here Someone12! I'm probably not going to hang around this forum too much longer because it irritates the h-e-l-l out of me to hear these visa cheating, green card evading, illegals moan and complain about our laws.
                          -Proud USC

Before you get too supportive of Someone12, you should at least know that despite all his rhetoric about patriotism, he doesn't even support our troops in Iraq. Some patriot he is...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:

You are stating the obvious. The subject was implicitly about federal tax. While US citizens have to pay federal, state, and local taxes, puerto rican are only subjected to only state and local level taxation.

This arrangement suits them just fine as they were given options to join US completely or become independent but refused. Who doesn't want federal dollars without having to pay tax? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            Puerto Rican taxation is a federal tax equivalent to the IRS taxation system. It is not a state or local tax. If it was, then it would base its taxable income on the federal return first. And if one pays to both the Puerto Rican tax authority and to the IRS, one could qualify for the foreign tax credit on their IRS federal return. It was not that obvious to you if you state it is a state or local taxation.

Puerto Ricans, generally, have enjoyed being a commonwealth. Puerto Ricans who want to become a state or who want to become independent are in the minority. However, either becoming an independent nation or a state does have some disadvantages to Puerto Rico and the surrounding regino.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                              In this forum, I've read so many negative comments about this country, its government, President and policies, I just got fed up.
                              Again, I have to throw the 65% stat right back at you. The majority of Americans are fed up with the current policy. All you have to do is pick up any of major newspapers to read negative comments about government, President and policies nowadays.

Are those Americans wrong to do that? Absolutely not. Is it wrong for immigrants to participate in a decenting voice? Again, absolutely not. If majority of people believe the policy is wrong, then maybe there is a need to fix the policy instead of placing blind faith on incompetent politicians. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to comment on this. Of course I agree with everything "templar" is mentioning above, however, my personal experience in the many years that I have lived here, is the opposite. The notion of the American people is that foreigners don't have the right to voice their opinion. It is discriminatory and very disheartening; to somebody that only has the wellness of this country at heart - this is the birth country of my children. In my opinion it is good to have a constructive critical view for some of the issues such as education or socialized medicine – just to name these two as an example at spur of the moment. However, it is viewed badly, if I the foreigner issue criticism, whereas it is OK, if an American does it.

I can tell you from experience, that at one point my criticism was shunt for as long as they thought I am a non-American. In order to prove my point, I had to go so far and tell them that I am American born, but grew up outside the country, which then immediately made the criticism constructive and acceptable.

You ask me personally, this is trouble brewing on the horizon!!

Regards,
                              “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by whknapp:
                                Of course, SomeDumb12 is too stupid to realize that ProudUSC is SunRabidUSA. Not even because SunRabidUSA is always praising him and calling him "my friend". In love with him, actually. Disgusting...
                                Of course someone12 is my Hero too ...on this board ..."whknapp" you must go to eat some milk ...bye,bye..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation