Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO TO ALL MEXICANS!!!!!!

may I ask, what do you celebrate on El Cinco De Mayo?? I am not mexican thats why I ask???

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO TO ALL MEXICANS!!!!!!

may I ask, what do you celebrate on El Cinco De Mayo?? I am not mexican thats why I ask???

Comment

I am not Mexican either, but I think it is the day when Mexicans defetaed French army.

Comment

oooo... I see.....

Comment

Found some more info for you

El Cinco de Mayo ("The Fifth of May" in Spanish) is a national celebration in Mexico. It commemorates the victory of Mexican forces led by General Ignacio Zaragoza over the French expeditionary forces in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862.

Cinco de Mayo is widely celebrated by Mexican-Americans and their descendants in the United States and Canada. Many cities with significant Mexican and Chicano populations throughout the U.S. schedule special events on the 5th of May. In Los Angeles, most notably, revelers fill the streets in front of City Hall for speeches and performances by Mexican entertainers on this day.

Although the celebration of this holiday has historically been limited to Latin-American communities, particularly in the southwest, it has become increasingly popular across the U.S. and Canada, and among all ethnic groups in the last 10 years. In recent years, it has been celebrated widely and in a similar style as St. Patrick's Day "” namely a celebration and identification with Mexicans, their culture, food, and music by Anglos and other unrelated ethnic groups. However, many Americans and Canadians have only a cursory understanding of the significance of this day; it is often mistakenly assumed to be Mexico's independence day, and in practice, it is usually celebrated on a superficial level.

The real source of this celebration in the United States and Canada was from a marketing campaign by the combined forces of Corona and El Torito in the late 1970.

from online source

Comment

where are you from Anti??? You seem so kind...nothing like liemaster...awwrrrrrr...he gets under my skin sometimes....

Comment

I HATE ANTI-FASCIST !!!
              IT WOULD BE A GREAT INSULT TO ME IF YOU SAID I WAS ANYTHING LIKE HIM !!!

Comment

oo no...I would be mad to say hes anything like you...lol....thank god for that...imagine poor civilization if everyone was like you....lol...

Comment

WWW.FAIRUS.ORG FOREVER !!!
                  NO DIRTBAG AMNESTY EVER !!!

Comment

awwww......your stupidities bring a smile to my face..god bless you my friend....

Comment

Given that this discussion group is primarily for legal immigration, it is seldom used by Mexicans.

Comment

Given that this discussion group is primarily for legal immigration, it is seldom used by Mexicans.
                        Obviously this statement of yours has nothing to do with racism or prejudice

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation