Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taxes and immigration

hi I need help with this. I tried to file my taxes since 2002 but due to my condition.(overstayed visa) I was afraid of it. I thought that they will look after me. But I try to get an ITIN # but they never answer me back. Is there any way of amnesty for this taxes related issue? What should I do?...i am filing my AOS now and I want to make everything the right way because I think now is the time to start a new life out of illegal things. Any advice please?

hi I need help with this. I tried to file my taxes since 2002 but due to my condition.(overstayed visa) I was afraid of it. I thought that they will look after me. But I try to get an ITIN # but they never answer me back. Is there any way of amnesty for this taxes related issue? What should I do?...i am filing my AOS now and I want to make everything the right way because I think now is the time to start a new life out of illegal things. Any advice please?

Comment

Tax amnesty? Not a chance, we're talking the IRS, now. As far as I know, IRS and immigration don't "speak" to each other as a general rule, unless there is some specific reason, such as checking the veracity of tax returns supplied for support issues. If you tried to get an ITIN number, then I gather you don't have a SSN. Is this work undocumented? How did the employer report your earnings?
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation