•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Originally posted by Someone12:
    her husband is a visa cheat....he told our consular officials and our border officials that he was going to the US as a tourist, but in reality this piece of fecal matter lied....there was NOTHING stopping him from living up to the terms of a tourist visa except his own lack of responsibility and ethics, not the kind of person I want in MY country. He will continue (statistically) to thumb his unwashed nose at any law he doesn't agree with. Forgive him? Why? There are thousands of people waiting to immigrate to the US of A, LEGALLY, who should be given that chance way ahead of this piece of excrement.
    The OP said her husband was a child. Do you think he was questioned when he entered the country? No, he was with his parents who were responsible for him. Obviously, you've never been a parent or have any idea who bears responsibility for minors.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    her husband is a visa cheat....he told our consular officials and our border officials that he was going to the US as a tourist, but in reality this piece of fecal matter lied....there was NOTHING stopping him from living up to the terms of a tourist visa except his own lack of responsibility and ethics, not the kind of person I want in MY country. He will continue (statistically) to thumb his unwashed nose at any law he doesn't agree with. Forgive him? Why? There are thousands of people waiting to immigrate to the US of A, LEGALLY, who should be given that chance way ahead of this piece of excrement.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Proud: this individual hasn't learned her lesson....supposedly she's rehabbed or something, but has wasted little time 'falling in love' (no doubt due to desperation) with some illegal alien piece of excrement...and worse, they may produce a child; hence, my comment.
    S12, you need to save your anger for the true illegals. Her husband entered legally and overstayed. Not quite as bad, eh? As for her past, she rehabilitated and moved on. We need to forgive people of past transgressions. I know you're not a Bible person, but it might not hurt for you to read up on some parts.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Proud: this individual hasn't learned her lesson....supposedly she's rehabbed or something, but has wasted little time 'falling in love' (no doubt due to desperation) with some illegal alien piece of excrement...and worse, they may produce a child; hence, my comment.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    another blight on the human gene pool....
    How so? You come down on me for acting like I own this forum, so please explain why this poster or her spouse is a blight on the human gene pool? She made a mistake - it is behind her. Do you not understand our justice system? Have you never made a mistake in your life? Geez, S12, you need to get over yourself already.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    another blight on the human gene pool....

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    If he entered America legally...and can prove that fact by providing his original passport and I-94 (the white piece of paper stapled inside)...then he can adjust status (obtain a green card) while remaining in the United States.

You need to submit the necessary paperwork to USCIS.

If he can't prove that he entered the country legally, then he will be unable to remain in America and adjust his status. At this point, he will need to return to his country of origin and submit to Consular processing.

He will be denied for illegal presence in the United States...at which point you (as the U.S.C.) apply for a hardship waiver to his inadmissibility (your hardship based on his absence, not his hardship). The waiver is usually obtained - after many months - by much whining and crying on the part of the U.S.C., explaining why they need the illegal alien to return.

Leave a comment:

• jumbieman
    replied
    THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    If he hasn't had any problems with the law, you should be able to sponsor him and have him adjust status here. It's the immigrant's problems with the law that USCIS cares about, not the USC sponsors. You guys should be okay. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• jumbieman
    replied
    He came legally as a child with his parents and overstayed. He attended high school and college.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    This misdeamnor charge should have no impact on your ability to sponsor your spouse. As SundevilUSA said, it depends on how he entered the country. That's the first question.

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    ...the term is illegal alien, not undocumented.

The degree of difficulty that you will have in sponsoring the illegal alien will depend upon how he entered America.

Did he initially enter legally, and overstayed his authorized time...or did he enter illegally?

Leave a comment:

• jumbieman
    started a topic felony conviction in 2008

felony conviction in 2008

I am a US citizen and I was charged with a felony in 2008. However, I completed a drug treatment program and the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor with no jail time. I have since met and married an undocumented and will like to sponsor him for his green card. My question is will my conviction have any impact on his application?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney