Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i go and live in US

My parents are LPRs and my minor child is a USC. I want to live in US too but if one of my parents sponsor me it will take very long before i get my immigration. I have been thinking about H-1 or F-1. Reading your discussions convey only one thing that if someone like me use a non-immigrant visa to enter US, the immigration people at POE always think that the person has immigration intentions and sometimes they also deport people who entered using a legal, valid visa. What should i do ? Someone please advise. Thanks

My parents are LPRs and my minor child is a USC. I want to live in US too but if one of my parents sponsor me it will take very long before i get my immigration. I have been thinking about H-1 or F-1. Reading your discussions convey only one thing that if someone like me use a non-immigrant visa to enter US, the immigration people at POE always think that the person has immigration intentions and sometimes they also deport people who entered using a legal, valid visa. What should i do ? Someone please advise. Thanks

Comment

That is because at the POE every non-immigrant is presumed to be immigrant until they prove otherwise, thats what the INA states.

You dont get deported at the POE, you have your application for admission withdrawn or removed with a possible bar.

plus you have to declare that you have no immigrant intent to the consular officer in order to obtain a non-immigrant visa,exceft for k's and v's and such.

I would suggest having you parents sponsor you and wait,like you are suppose to.

Comment

How on earth did you get a USC child?

Next time, you should do the proper method. MARRY the person before you wind up having kids. That way you could've had a nice little GC out of the process. Instead you got a kid, and the daddy skipped town. There's a major moral lesson you need to focus on too dear.

-= nav =-

Comment

to moondin

as long as the baby is born in us territory, the baby is a citizen. or am i wrong...?

Comment

moondin: keep your bleak morals to yourself please, you don't know what the circumstances were (perhaps the child's father turned out to be married or deceased meanwhile, or doesn't live up to his responsibilities as a man should... you don't know, so keep your sad opinion to yourself!

Upset: you've got several options;
            - as suggested before, have a close family member sponsor you (LPR parents - will take a long time, U.S.Citizen siblings - takes also a long time, or if you're on good turf with the father of the child and the father is a U.S.C. get married with him if it's possible and go that route).

If none of this is an option (time wise or otherwise), participate in the Diversity Lotto if you're from a qualifying country and if you otherwise qualify (must be admissiability and/or non-removable). You can also look into the option of obtaining a work visa, or investor's visa etc. If all fails, you've got to wait untill the child turns 21 to sponsor you or watch the laws and see if there are any other amendments till then. Good luck!

Comment

Dear aremac,
              Thanks a lot for your suggestions and supporting me against moondin. I think if i ever wanted to go the illegal way anywhere, i would have been happily settled in US by now because we who want to do things the legal way are the one who are always worried, and not those 11 million or so illegals who are in US.
              My child was born when i and my ex-husband were in US on exchange visitor visa. I left US and my husband when he re-married and is now an LPR. He has never supported our child and i want to raise and educate my child in US. My country does not qualify for diversity lotto and i have been trying to get H-1. The immigration attorneys i have spoken to have been no help as they have told me to find a sponsor for H-1 myself which is difficult when you are not in US

[This message was edited by upset on December 02, 2003 at 02:49 AM.]

Comment

File in a civil lawsuit for child suport for your child against the LPR father of your child (or threathen to do so against him), that'll be reason enough to "change" his fatherly insticts.... ;-p

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation