X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Antman23 and others with expertises in this case

Hi Antman23 and expertises,

Before I ask, let me give you a little story about myself so you have an idea what I am talking about.

Well, my mother's USC sister filed a petiton for my mother in 1990. On 6/6/90 her petition was approved. During the petition was filed, my mother, my young brother and I lived in the camp in Thailand( we are from Cambodia). Because of the compelling situation, my mother was paroled to the USA on 6/27/1991 idefenitely, and so my young brother and I accompanied my mother to the States because at that time my brother was 7 years old and I was 17 years old.

On June 15, 2002 my mother's priority date became current. So, about three weeks ago we all prepared all documents(applications) and had INS fees ready. When we went to the INS office in Boston, the INS accepted only my mother's application. Her fingerprint appointment is Oct. 01 and interview is December 11, 02. The INS even took her I-94. The reason the INS accepted only her is that on the approval notice bears only her name. The INS told my brother and me that we would need to request an approval notice for each of us. And so we did and now we are still waiting for it to come, but not sure if it will be approved.

And now based on your knowledges and experties, I would like to know answeres for the following questions, and if you don't mind you can answere as much as you can.

1. Is it required to have approval notice for each
    accompanying son?
    2. How come my brother can't apply for a green
    card at the same time as my mother since he is
    20 years old?.
    3. Do you think it is a good idea if I consult
    this matter with a lawyer?
    4. Do you have any idea what I shold do?
    5. Have you seen or heard of this kind of case
    before?

I appreciate very much for taking your times to respond.

Vantha

Hi Antman23 and expertises,

Before I ask, let me give you a little story about myself so you have an idea what I am talking about.

Well, my mother's USC sister filed a petiton for my mother in 1990. On 6/6/90 her petition was approved. During the petition was filed, my mother, my young brother and I lived in the camp in Thailand( we are from Cambodia). Because of the compelling situation, my mother was paroled to the USA on 6/27/1991 idefenitely, and so my young brother and I accompanied my mother to the States because at that time my brother was 7 years old and I was 17 years old.

On June 15, 2002 my mother's priority date became current. So, about three weeks ago we all prepared all documents(applications) and had INS fees ready. When we went to the INS office in Boston, the INS accepted only my mother's application. Her fingerprint appointment is Oct. 01 and interview is December 11, 02. The INS even took her I-94. The reason the INS accepted only her is that on the approval notice bears only her name. The INS told my brother and me that we would need to request an approval notice for each of us. And so we did and now we are still waiting for it to come, but not sure if it will be approved.

And now based on your knowledges and experties, I would like to know answeres for the following questions, and if you don't mind you can answere as much as you can.

1. Is it required to have approval notice for each
    accompanying son?
    2. How come my brother can't apply for a green
    card at the same time as my mother since he is
    20 years old?.
    3. Do you think it is a good idea if I consult
    this matter with a lawyer?
    4. Do you have any idea what I shold do?
    5. Have you seen or heard of this kind of case
    before?

I appreciate very much for taking your times to respond.

Vantha

Comment

tHE WORD APPLICATION THAT YOU MENTIONED DO you mean the Form DS-230 (BIOGRAPHIC DATA)?. IN LINE # 19 OF the application you must have been listed as children otherwise you are not included and of cource you will be rejected. Furthermore, if your mother was required to filed up Form I-130, you must have been listed in line # 16 in the form. I do'nt know the word "paroled". This must be a special treatment given to wartorn citizens of a country friendly to the U.S. in times of war.May be the CSPA LAW will cure your younger brother's problem but I doubt it in your case because as you have said your were 17 in 1991 and by the time your mother's visa number becomes current your were already 23 years old.You are no longer considered a "child" under the cspa law, I think you have to consider hiring a lawyer.

Comment

Applications mean I-485, biograph info, medical exam form, and other stuffs.

My brother is 20 years old and the INS didn't accept his applications either, not just mine. Like I said the INS told us to get approval notice from the Embassy. We already filled out form to request it, and now we are waiting for it to come.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Vantha

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs