X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International student residency requirments

Dear frinds:

As far as I know an international student should have completed a US Bachelor's degree to qualify for residency in the USA.
    Could you tell me is this for on-line degree programs or just for compus based international students?

Your help is greately appreciated.

NassM2

Dear frinds:

As far as I know an international student should have completed a US Bachelor's degree to qualify for residency in the USA.
    Could you tell me is this for on-line degree programs or just for compus based international students?

Your help is greately appreciated.

NassM2

Comment

what kind of residency are you talking about?

Comment

Nass,

I believe you are talking about the DREAM Act. That's just what it is.....a dream it has not been passed yet. Currently there is not a green card that you can get just for having a bachelor's degree and even if it were to pass (which is highly unlikely) it would probably be a degree from an accredited college/university.

Comment

Hi NaasM2,

What kind of residency are you talking about? Do you mean that you got your Bachelor's degree in USA and now are studying out of USA.... If you are talking about DREAM ACT then its not law yet ... you will have to wait little bit for that...Good luck...Pasha

Comment

Sorry the post came in duplicate

Comment

Hi all:

I mean permanent residency, upone complation of B.Degree.
              I am sure who complete a Bachelor's degree in any field that in US institutions. They can apply for a permanent visa or G.Card through some immigration processes. What my question is, what if some one complete B. Degree from one of US universities/colleges ON-LINE or Distance Education? has anyone heard about this.

[This message was edited by NassM2 on January 18, 2004 at 10:09 PM.]

Comment

If u r sure about what you are saying then that's something new for me .... Didn't know before & never heard like that ...

Comment

What citizenship do you hold? The US has agreements with some countries, where one of the requirements for applying for permanent residency is having completed a BA degree. However, simply having completed a BA degree will not get you a permanent residency and you are probably talking about the DREAM act, which is just some idea that has not gone into action yet, and prbably will not for many years.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation