Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohan, someone, ??

This is a repost since I didnt realize how arrogant sounding my original post was---
    I just want someone to answer what my rights are as a USC while married to an immigrant. If things don't work out, I want to know what my options are as far as financial support, my responsibility to him in the eyes of the law, and what I can do to protect myself from a misuse of not only my good heart, but of my honesty and integrity, and the lack of his. Just a question on where can I find my rights as a USC, and can he hold it against me if he planned on staying in the US to gain citizenship? I want to make sure there is a way out of a trap if that is what it indeed becomes. Also, what rights does he have and can he sue me for promises made to him when he convinced me of good and honest intentions turned BS?

This is a repost since I didnt realize how arrogant sounding my original post was---
    I just want someone to answer what my rights are as a USC while married to an immigrant. If things don't work out, I want to know what my options are as far as financial support, my responsibility to him in the eyes of the law, and what I can do to protect myself from a misuse of not only my good heart, but of my honesty and integrity, and the lack of his. Just a question on where can I find my rights as a USC, and can he hold it against me if he planned on staying in the US to gain citizenship? I want to make sure there is a way out of a trap if that is what it indeed becomes. Also, what rights does he have and can he sue me for promises made to him when he convinced me of good and honest intentions turned BS?

Comment

Hi! Sounds like you are going through a rough time. How long have you all been married? Is he still a conditional permanent resident or or now a "permanent" LPR? How far is he from gaining citzenship?

My guess is that aside from potentional financial respnsibilities to the US government if he should ever go on welfare - you should be ok. His status will determine what you need to do to withdraw your offer of financial support (or if it is necessary to withdraw).

Otherwise, it is like any other divorce situation. Do you share credit cards? Bank accounts? mortgage payments? If you made any promises to him, is there documentation of these promises, or are they simply things that you said you would do out of love for him?

can ou provide us with additional information to help us give you accurate information?

Good Luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed