Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCF I-130

I have turned in the I-130 at the US embassy here. Once it is approved can I take my wife to the states and finish the immigrant visa process there? They have already given me packets 3&4 on the day I turned in the I-130 package. They said 6-8 weeks to process the I-130.

I have turned in the I-130 at the US embassy here. Once it is approved can I take my wife to the states and finish the immigrant visa process there? They have already given me packets 3&4 on the day I turned in the I-130 package. They said 6-8 weeks to process the I-130.

Comment

Voyager101,

You are in good shape. Once the I-130 is approved, you will have to submit the packets 3&4 (you may want to check and see if you can go ahead and submit one or both of them now, while the I-130 is still pending, although the consulate may tell you to wait), but the beauty of DCF is that, once everything is approved, your wife will actually be given an immigration visa; that means that, once she does come to the U.S., she will already become a Legal Permanent Resident (although it may take a while after she enters for her "green card" to be sent to her).

You will not have to fool around with adjustment of status at all, so there really will not be much of anything that you will have to do once you are here with her in the states. Although if they don't let you submit the packets 3 and 4 now it may take a little longer to finish after the I-130 is approved, overall you will be much better off than those who are already here and waiting out adjustment of status.

Good luck, and be sure to post back how everything turns out.

Comment

In which country you filed I-130?

Comment

I filed in Japan

Comment

Hi! Voyager101: In Japan where did you go? I think you might have been at Naha,Okinawa, or Sapporo.

Q. 1. Did you take your spouse with you or not when you visited
            US Consulate General, If you both were present, then your I-130 is already approved. and they had give you package 3&4 as soon as you complete this they will issue an Immigrtaion visa for your wife, upon arrival at POE BCIS Inspector will stamp her passport with A#--------, After 6 to 8 weeks time she will get her Green Card. Once you get the Immigration visa make three copies ask the consular section guy they will do it for you. What about your child. I know person he was in Japan and his Mr. Tunis. Best of Luck. are you goining back to Japan after your wifes visa.

Comment

Actually applied at the US embassy in Tokyo. Wife was not with me. Just dropped off the I-130 package by myself. I think its just a formality to wait for the I-130 to be approved. We got married there at the embassy a while back. We are in Japan right now. Just waiting for her immigrant visa to be approved then it's sayonara to Japan for a while.

Comment

I think you got Certificate of Witness to Marriage at the Emabssy, and one of the Consular officer attended your marriage,it is realy way back in 1997/1998, if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation