Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-2 and Marriage

I am in such a situation: I came here on a K-2 visa with my mother who came on a K-1, but we didn't have a green card interview until after I turned 21, so they denied my application based on "aging out." Now I am married to a U.S. citizen, and we get conflicting information about whether or not I can file the paperwork here and saty with my husband. Sometimes attorney and the immigration say yes, and sometimes they say that I have to go to my home country and get a spouse visa. If somebody has been in such a situation, please tell me how it really works. Thank you.

I am in such a situation: I came here on a K-2 visa with my mother who came on a K-1, but we didn't have a green card interview until after I turned 21, so they denied my application based on "aging out." Now I am married to a U.S. citizen, and we get conflicting information about whether or not I can file the paperwork here and saty with my husband. Sometimes attorney and the immigration say yes, and sometimes they say that I have to go to my home country and get a spouse visa. If somebody has been in such a situation, please tell me how it really works. Thank you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation