Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone recently approved for AOS at CSC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recently approved for AOS at CSC?

Hi there
    wondering if anyone got recently approved for AOS at CSC for an employment based GC. The processing time reports dont seem to indicate any progress over the last few months
    thanks

Hi there
    wondering if anyone got recently approved for AOS at CSC for an employment based GC. The processing time reports dont seem to indicate any progress over the last few months
    thanks

Comment

***ping this up

Comment

Didnt realize that 'b u m p i n g' was an unapproved word

Comment

What is your receipt date and category (employement base?)?

I have been waiting too since 02/18/02...

Comment

matsalleh - good luck. I've been waiting since Dec 5 2001. I read on another thread that it has to do with available visas having expired for this year - next year's quota opens up on October 1. On the other hand, I thought that quota was only relevant for H-1B's and other visas that were in super-high demand in the past. My understanding is that immigrant visas were always limited by processing times, not quotas. In fact, I believe that my lawyer once mentioned that several thousand immigrant visas go unused every year 'cuz INS (now BCIS) is so inefficient.

Comment

Sharad, I share that understanding too...anybody heard any rumors why it's taking so long at CSC?

I have a friend who has a similar receipt date but still no news from BCIS...but she got request for re-fingerprint. I didn't.

Did you have a refingerprint reguest?

Comment

Nope. No re-fingerprinting request. Just a looooong silence.

A recent conversation with my attorney's office revealed that several hundred BCIS employees have been transferred from processing I-485's to just doing the security checks. They're apparently running checks against multiple databases ... you can imagine the delays. And there's that many fewer folks actually making case determinations. Your friend's re-fingerprinting request may have had to do with the additional background. Hey, maybe I'll have to do this too. Just what I need now.

Apparently, EAD's and advance paroles are being processed in reasonable time-frames, but I-485's are now apparently likely to take a couple of years.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation