Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMESH MOHAN PLEASE HELP

I am in such a mess guys. I got married in Jan 2001. Eveything was good but the last 3-4 months I am falling out of love with my wife. I have applied for removal joint in May 2003. I got extension for one year. But I am really unhappy. I can concentrate at anything I do. I feel I am stuck until the removal of conditions. Since I filed at VSC it will take 18 months so we are looking at Dec 2004.I am sure I will go crazy until then.

At the same time I have ajob offer in Austin,TX. This means transfer of file but also I may get it removed faster than VSC. So I am looking in to that.

Other option is separation but I may be called for interview dont know if wife will accompany

and the last option is file for divorce, withdraw the joint petition and file an amended I-751 waiver.

I am more looking in to 1st and possible the 2nd.

Please advise.

I am in such a mess guys. I got married in Jan 2001. Eveything was good but the last 3-4 months I am falling out of love with my wife. I have applied for removal joint in May 2003. I got extension for one year. But I am really unhappy. I can concentrate at anything I do. I feel I am stuck until the removal of conditions. Since I filed at VSC it will take 18 months so we are looking at Dec 2004.I am sure I will go crazy until then.

At the same time I have ajob offer in Austin,TX. This means transfer of file but also I may get it removed faster than VSC. So I am looking in to that.

Other option is separation but I may be called for interview dont know if wife will accompany

and the last option is file for divorce, withdraw the joint petition and file an amended I-751 waiver.

I am more looking in to 1st and possible the 2nd.

Please advise.

Comment

fine guys

I guess it is not your problem so no one cares

Comment

It is in your own interest to find the way to continue this marriage. It will solve all problems you will have in future.
        Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Umesh. You mentioned it is my own interest to continue this marriage. Please please clarify. U are the BEST!!!!

1Are you saying to continue until 751 is done and over with?

2. Assuming once I-751is approved and if and when I get the letter, can I get out of this miserable relationship after approval but before my permanent gc arrives. As you know it may take 6 more months from the time of approval for the permanent card to arrive.

3.Does post I-751 approval divorce has any affect on N-400?

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mess. Each and every marriage has ups and downs. Try to find the solution and use divorce as a last resort.
            For immigration matters you are under if you want to live within USA then you have to get approval of condition removal. You should wait for the approval IN VSC( if you transfer the file to TX it will take almost the same time you are expecting from VSC.
            other reason you are already at the point where you think you wife will not show up , Do U think she will move with you IN TX? Not to create the other problems.
            Post I751 has no effet on N400.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed