Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please answer this QUESTION?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please answer this QUESTION?

Greetings,

Can someone please tell me if someone was to get a 10 year visa how long can they actually stay in the United States?

Please let me know.

Greetings,

Can someone please tell me if someone was to get a 10 year visa how long can they actually stay in the United States?

Please let me know.

Comment

The 10 year tourist "visa" stamped in your passport is only permission from the Department of State to travel to the U.S. Once you arrive, INS issues the actual visa. For a tourist this is a maximum of 6 months. You can apply once while you are in the U.S. to extend this by another 6 months.

With INS's new priority of security first, they will most likely issue less than 6 months depending on the purpose of your visit.

The most important document is the little piece of paper INS puts in your passport when you enter the country and you hand to the airline when you leave.

Comment

The US "visa" is actually an "entry permit". It does not let you stay in the country for 10 years. All it allows you to do is to present yourself in front of a US Immigration officer at port of entry for the next 10 years multiple number of times.

The actual period you will be allowed to stay will depend upon the immigration officer, your funds and the reason for your visit.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation