Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N 400 and living apart for job reasons

I have a question about N-400. I have been married to USC for 3 years and eligible to apply for citizenship next year, However N-400 says that you have to married for 3 years and living together in martial union from the start to the end of the application. I have a great job oppportunity in NY which I am planning to take. Can I go ahead and take this job and still be able to apply ? This means and I am wife will have to live seperately. I have a relative in NY where whom I can stay with. I understand in that case I have to come up with an explanation as to why we are lving separately for which I and my wife will readily explain but am I eligible to apply?

thanks

steel

I have a question about N-400. I have been married to USC for 3 years and eligible to apply for citizenship next year, However N-400 says that you have to married for 3 years and living together in martial union from the start to the end of the application. I have a great job oppportunity in NY which I am planning to take. Can I go ahead and take this job and still be able to apply ? This means and I am wife will have to live seperately. I have a relative in NY where whom I can stay with. I understand in that case I have to come up with an explanation as to why we are lving separately for which I and my wife will readily explain but am I eligible to apply?

thanks

steel

Comment

You can still maintain marital union even if you do not living under the same roof every day. But this will be suspicious, so be prepared to show extra evidence. What prevents your wife from joining you? Is it a temporary situation where one will join the other after a definite period of time? Do you correspond regularly by phone, mail, e-mail? Do you visit each other regularly? If you are not certain about any of these, you may want to wait until you have met the five year mark and file regularly.

The Grand Poo-Bah
      Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Comment

steel: It is better to follow Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckho, He is right. this is suspicious

Comment

Steel:

If I were you, I would apply for naturalization, because if you are a permanent resident (no conditional) the only thing you have to loose if they denied your application is your filing fee and if that happens you can file again in a two years.
          But if you can prove that have a legitimate relationship, you could get approved and avoid waiting for more time to file your naturalization.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation