Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do next?

I filed an I-130 in March. I just had a look at the processing times for the California Svc Cntr. They are processing petitions from December 2002, which means it might not be too much longer before ours gets processed. If it gets approved before 245i passes, then is there a way I can stall so that my husband can stay in the country until that happens. Will the packet that they send us include an order to leave the country, since my husband is an illegal entry person, or will that come seperately. Please inform!! I have one year of college left and I don't want to have to leave the country before I graduate!! Also, has anyone heard any news about the 245i? I am planning to write to my congressman and Mr. Bush about it this weekend. Thanks for your help.

I filed an I-130 in March. I just had a look at the processing times for the California Svc Cntr. They are processing petitions from December 2002, which means it might not be too much longer before ours gets processed. If it gets approved before 245i passes, then is there a way I can stall so that my husband can stay in the country until that happens. Will the packet that they send us include an order to leave the country, since my husband is an illegal entry person, or will that come seperately. Please inform!! I have one year of college left and I don't want to have to leave the country before I graduate!! Also, has anyone heard any news about the 245i? I am planning to write to my congressman and Mr. Bush about it this weekend. Thanks for your help.

Comment

245(i) is still alive and is in Congress. President Bush has also supported to extend 245(i). If you are USC then the petition I-130 will be approved early.
      Good luck.

Comment

But what if my I-130 gets approved before 485i gets passed? Is there a way that I can stall? Will they let my husband stay here in the meantime?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation