Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got married before K-1-now what?

What happens if you get married while your fiance is here on the visit necessary to file the K-1, what can you do then, she is from germany, we do not have enough money for lawyers and to fly back and forth, is there anything we can do so she can stay here with her son as my wife?

What happens if you get married while your fiance is here on the visit necessary to file the K-1, what can you do then, she is from germany, we do not have enough money for lawyers and to fly back and forth, is there anything we can do so she can stay here with her son as my wife?

Comment

I assume she came to the U.S. and you married while she was there on a visitor's visa. You now are married so you will have to file for spouse of a U.S. citzen the I-130. Be sure to list her child on the application. The form with instructions is downloadable from the INSUS.com site.

Comment

Since your wife is here. You should sponsor her and her child together. You can send her and her child's Adjustment of Status and Employment Authorization Documents together. You will have to sponsor her child separately. INS definition of 'Child' includes 'step child'.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation