X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Preference Processing Time?

Guys,

My closest friend is a greencard holder who has been a permanent resident for 5 years now. She is marrying her boyfriend next month. He came on a visitor's visa, but is now out of status.

When she files the I-130 for him, how long will it take INS to approve the petition? How long before he will receive his greencard? Are there any roadblocks ahead? Are there any penalties involved?

Finally, can anyone recommend a good website for answering these questions. Thanks!

Guys,

My closest friend is a greencard holder who has been a permanent resident for 5 years now. She is marrying her boyfriend next month. He came on a visitor's visa, but is now out of status.

When she files the I-130 for him, how long will it take INS to approve the petition? How long before he will receive his greencard? Are there any roadblocks ahead? Are there any penalties involved?

Finally, can anyone recommend a good website for answering these questions. Thanks!

Comment

If your friend is GC holder for 5 years then she should apply for Naturalization immediately. If she will marry her boyfriend and will remain just a GC holder then it will take atleast 5 - 6 years for her husband to get greencard. It will best for them that she should apply for Naturalization and get married and sponsor her husband. When she will become Citizen, then she can send a copy of Naturalization Certificate to Immigration to upgrade her petition. This way, she will save lot of time.
      Good luck.

Comment

UMESH,

you have me confused. HOW can she file for her husband to be's papers when she is not even a citzen and just has a GC? I thougth you HAVE to be a citizen before you file for your spouses papers or is that not correct? Can you still file even thougn you just have a GC?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation