Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD FOR SELF-EMPLOYMENT

My wife is an immigrant who came in on a k-1 visa. We got married and she filed the I485. I was told by an immigration officer that an EAD(employment authorization document) is NOT needed for self-employment(starting her own business) and she has an SSN. Is there anyway I can get confirmation of that in writing and does anyone have any caveats or other information about this.

My wife is an immigrant who came in on a k-1 visa. We got married and she filed the I485. I was told by an immigration officer that an EAD(employment authorization document) is NOT needed for self-employment(starting her own business) and she has an SSN. Is there anyway I can get confirmation of that in writing and does anyone have any caveats or other information about this.

Comment

It is true you need EAD if you want to work for somebody else. Since your spouse has applied for AOS I-485 with that EAD Form I-765 should have been filed and your spouse will get EAD in 2 - 3 months. Then you will have no problem.
      Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Umesh for your reply. I chose not to spend the $120 and get the EAD as my wife does NOT want to work for someone else and its only good for a year anyway. The fees are a ripoff for us American citizens and taxpayers. If the situation changes she could get an EAD in the future.

Ben

Comment

Once the AOS is approved, she will not need an EAD.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation