Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just get married

did anybody can tell me what is wise to dowhen filling, if it's better to get lawyer or do it by my self what's the difference, since the lawyet are asking too much money...
    thank

did anybody can tell me what is wise to dowhen filling, if it's better to get lawyer or do it by my self what's the difference, since the lawyet are asking too much money...
    thank

Comment

There are pros and cons to both ways. The lawyer *should* be able to make sure you do it right and file everything properly but if you're doing an adjustment of status you can do it yourself provided you take the time to read the instructions carefully and send them all the paperwork you need. Unless you have a reason for using a lawyer like something on your criminal record or something else, you can do it yourself if you want to.

Comment

If you don't know what you're doing consult a lawyer because it's worth it. My husband and I did my paperwork but we messed up bigtime because we were ignorant of the immigration laws. I've been in this country for 16 years now but still illegal.I finally consulted a lawyer and very happy I did because I really don't know what to do.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation