Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Helen, not only illegal aliens are hoping for this bill. I represent a good sized company and the passing of this bill would allow us to hire many very skilled workers that the US just doesn't have. I'd say that your unkind words only show that YOU are the naive one that doesn't understand how this country works.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The bill you are reffering to was turned down in Fevruary in Congress and the author quit the Congress as well. You illigal aliens are very NAIVE!!!
    You will have never a chance to get legal in the United States!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You are very naive. How about those who have been waiting for a Green Card for more than 5 years and have been maintaining their status in US - did they not deserve a green card because they have been legally here!!!!
    Who would work for Americans if we made the illegal aliens legal???

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The bill is clear, look at the link I posted three or four posting above. You must been here for over 5 years. There are some exemptions as "Inocence Absent" like you left the country for baseless reasons, did not mean to leave. I think there will be a tolerance of up to 180 days absence. The bill says you must be admited into a higher level educational institution. I did my high school outside of the borders of this country and I am currently enrolled in such Institution, thats what theyre looking for, as long as you are admited into such Inst., or youre working on a job of Market shortage or youre 65 Y.O. and over... Any kind of proof is proof, as long as its true. The INS can revoke your status anytime if discovered you faked. Shopping receipts, Tax Return, your drivers license's record, your credit report, anything that demostrates a history of 5 years linking you to it. As I said, this is a bill thats been appreciated by the Judiciary Committe in the House. You all should contact your local Congressman and speak out your interest in such bill, look at your phone book, more then likely you will see a local phone number for your Congressman.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This is a little confusing. I haven't heard of this one before. So, if the person has been here for 5 years and has a highschool diploma, they will be able to adjust? Can the diploma be from a foreign country? My husband graduated highschool in Mexico. Also, what kind of proof are they going to require to make sure the person has really been here 5 years? Is this a sure thing? It is all new to me. Please let me know where I can read more about it. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Still Learning
    replied
    I have looked at the HR 440, I don't know what I'd do without this board! I'm still confused, I need to look at it when I'm not tired I think... My fiance had d/s on I-94, left the US for a temporary job, tried to get back in and couldn't. Will part of that bill cover cases such as his or only people who haven't left? He has a misdemeanor from 15 years ago.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Is the HR 440 available only for those who's been in the country for 5 years?
    I'm married to a USC but unable to adjust my status because entered on C1/D visa 2 years ago.
    Will we be able to adjust my status thru HR440?
    Please reply,
    Thank you so much!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Work Illegally is not the same as Deciving as many Politcs, and yet the're not illegal. Working is noble in any way. The fact that "...WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 1.5 YEARS AND HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD CHILD. NO CRIMINAL RECORD. WE ARE BOTH EMPLOYED, OWN A HOME, ETC. I AM USC BORN AND RAISED. HOW DO YOU APPLY NOW??? HE IS NOT A STUDENT OR ANYTHING!!...", you or your husband are here for more then 5 years, is enough, as long as you completed your high school or you or your husband is over 65.
    Thats all. This bill will give a fresh start to newly created BCIS, that will have control on everyone of us. Its a better amnesty then the one in 1986, by Bush's Father. If you dont have high school, you should look for a GED school and finish it up quick. The bill has been submitted and is not approved yet, but as its gaining support(in two month, 17 congressman signed in) from the house, its for sure, Mr. Bush will sign it before election.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    DOES THAT MEAN FOR MY HUSBAND WHO HAS BEEN WORKING ILLEGALLY FOR 6 YEARS COULD APPLY UNDER 245I UNDER THIS NEW HR440. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 1.5 YEARS AND HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD CHILD. NO CRIMINAL RECORD. WE ARE BOTH EMPLOYED, OWN A HOME, ETC. I AM USC BORN AND RAISED. HOW DO YOU APPLY NOW??? HE IS NOT A STUDENT OR ANYTHING!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Anybody waiting on 245 extension, should go ahead and apply, because if the bill (extending it to 04/2004) doesnt go thru,
    HR 440 should kick in before election and if you have been here for more then 5 years, no criminal records and is accepted into a "Higher Level Institution", you will get it ! Will benefit about 9.000.000 people. Go to http://www.senate.gov; type in HR 440 on the keyword box to search for bills...
    They're even planing to nominate churchs, public schools, public buildings for a massive compiling of all of us, best of all, few lawyers will be in it !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi,
    I just finished reading the article on ilw.com,about the new bill they introduced which would allow also illegal immigrants in the country to work legally!!They would give a type of visa(H4B)which is for 3 ears and after that you could apply for temporary workers visa!
    Let's hope for the best!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I heart about H3B and H4B 5 years visas categories for unskilled workers being here out of status - proposal of GA congressman.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have heard the same... Does anyone has any info or hint as to when is the bill expected to be on vote in Congress?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    HI,

I HEARD THAT CONGRESS IS CURRENTLY REVIEWING NEW BILLS TO LEGALIZE ILLEGAL PEOPLE WHO CAN PROVE THEY ARE WORKING OR HAVE MARRIED HERE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY UPDATES ON THIS OR KNOW WHEN TO EXPECT ANY CHANGES??

THANKS TO ALL WHO POSITIVELY CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FORUM!!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic 245I OR SIMILAR LEGISLATION COMING UP??

245I OR SIMILAR LEGISLATION COMING UP??

HI,

I HEARD THAT CONGRESS IS CURRENTLY REVIEWING NEW BILLS TO LEGALIZE ILLEGAL PEOPLE WHO CAN PROVE THEY ARE WORKING OR HAVE MARRIED HERE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY UPDATES ON THIS OR KNOW WHEN TO EXPECT ANY CHANGES??

THANKS TO ALL WHO POSITIVELY CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FORUM!!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney