Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VWP LEGAL AND THEN ILLEGAL

I travelled to US in January 2001 on business and pleasure on VWP, to speak informally about bringing a business to US. I had met a women who was getting divorced. I travelled back within 90 days, we got married in Apr 2002 and had a baby girl May 2002. I also had 2 step children. I returned back to UK in July 2002 and came back to US September 2002 and due to leave Dec 2002 (just before christmas).

Her family had said they would sign AOS but fell out with her as she did not have much money or help I could not leave her with 3 kids and no money. We had (and are still being told) that funding for the business would becoming (from overseas) to set up the business in the US and employ a lot of people.

Anyway the delay dragged on and now she wants a divorce as I cannot work legally (and I won't work illegally). My options now are carry on and raise the money for the business and try fix things (Divorce Final end of December 2003) or just go home but dont want to leave her with 3 kids and me 400 miles away.

Let her down badly by listening to crooks and liars can anybody help me fix it. I even though of writing to AG and just putting cards on the table. US is a great country and I dont want to take liberties I have a lot of friends here and wanted to give some economic benefit for the luxury of being here by employing people.

Can pay a Lawyer but need to know what to do.

I travelled to US in January 2001 on business and pleasure on VWP, to speak informally about bringing a business to US. I had met a women who was getting divorced. I travelled back within 90 days, we got married in Apr 2002 and had a baby girl May 2002. I also had 2 step children. I returned back to UK in July 2002 and came back to US September 2002 and due to leave Dec 2002 (just before christmas).

Her family had said they would sign AOS but fell out with her as she did not have much money or help I could not leave her with 3 kids and no money. We had (and are still being told) that funding for the business would becoming (from overseas) to set up the business in the US and employ a lot of people.

Anyway the delay dragged on and now she wants a divorce as I cannot work legally (and I won't work illegally). My options now are carry on and raise the money for the business and try fix things (Divorce Final end of December 2003) or just go home but dont want to leave her with 3 kids and me 400 miles away.

Let her down badly by listening to crooks and liars can anybody help me fix it. I even though of writing to AG and just putting cards on the table. US is a great country and I dont want to take liberties I have a lot of friends here and wanted to give some economic benefit for the luxury of being here by employing people.

Can pay a Lawyer but need to know what to do.

Comment

Sorry should be 4000 miles away.

Comment

Hi Cromwell

i am confused.. do u mean her family would not commit to sponsership of you to AOS?? Was any paperwork filed like I-130 etc.?/ I dont understand why you never filed I-765 to work to support your family?? You had a child, did welfare pay for the birth and medical expense. You seem like a smart guy, why you didnt seek out help for paperwork

You say you dont want to leave her..but divorce will be final this month? Why did you sign for the divorce.. you could have contest it to delay. Are u still living with wife now? How are you guys financially making it without work Is there a chance to work it out with your wife before its too late this month...

You have to give us more factual for us to be able to ascertain if there is remedy for you.

Comment

Sorry did not want to turn it into a Novel for everyone.

Wife was working in Texas, I came back and was going to leave again in time then file to come over and stay, but her family problems meant if I would have left would have caused her problems. I watched the kids etc. while she worked.

Wife is still working and I am now in Ohio (at friends) wife is still in Texas, TX gives 60 days to be final and did not want to drag it out and make it harder and cost more for her.

I had the I-130, I-145 etc. and spoke with an Attorney Feb 2003 but had no one for Affidavit of Support so it seemed fruitless to spend money (her money) and 125% level was far from being reached (when you add 3 small kids to household size it made it harder to reach).

I told wife that if she has a choice she has a choice before it is final if she has no choice then she was right, she does get depressed (one of reasons I had to go to Texas in the first place)...not a nice family she has but thats another story.
          Thanks

Comment

Can you take her to England with you?
            Have a nice day

Comment

I could but would take a lot of work as step-children's father would have to agree (he is with Army in Iraq) and doubt he would go for that (and not really fair on him).

Comment

Sorry to hear your sad story Cromwell.. But if you and wife are serious to try to work things out, then withdraw the divorce before it is too late. This will give you both time to work things out and put some serious thought into who may help with sponsership. Your wife makes some money and you guys should look for a single person to be co-sponser. YOu appear to be an enterprising kind of guy/entreprenuer.. Look to start a small business/run it and put it in your wife's name so she can claim the income to qualify to sponser you. It sounds like this little thing of sponsership is.. you both are letting destroying your family And this is too bad..You are giving up. Dont sweat the little things in life! Put your heads together and find a solution. Ask around, ask within her Church, her friends, the friends you have made.And pray. Pray for the wisdom that will help you accomplish this task.

YOu said you have an approved 1-130, correct. How come you never applied for work authorization (765) If u two can work it out, just think when you apply by the time you get ur interview you will get your Final GC. Maybe Move her out to Ohio with you, if she truly loves you she will come, its not like she is leaving a great job or anything.. right. Wouldnt you miss your little daughter if you have to leave, and you will be asked to leave.. you know this right.

Think about this before its too late. Marriage is serious thing. You dont throw it away over a couple of bucks.

Peace & good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed