Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD help!

I was holding the pratical training card and working legally when I got married this Feb. Then got another EAD this May. Last month the INS denied my I-485, and stating that the previous EAD was revoked. What can I do now? I have a good job and my husband does not make steady money to support the family. We are relying on my incoming....

I was holding the pratical training card and working legally when I got married this Feb. Then got another EAD this May. Last month the INS denied my I-485, and stating that the previous EAD was revoked. What can I do now? I have a good job and my husband does not make steady money to support the family. We are relying on my incoming....

Comment

First and foremost you need to appeal within 30 days of the official 'intent to deny' letter. As detailed below. But how did your previous EAD get revoked. Did you get married and then apply for I-485 based on marriage. (If you did that was very fast turn around for the INS I had to wait 3 years until I was verbally denied. Its been 5 months an I still havent received the official letter when the 30 day countdown starts). You need to get an attorney. I am guessing that you continued to work on the original EAD after you got married. Are they saying that you should have got a new EAD when you changed your status to I-485 pending? Happy appealing.

In addition to the right to appeal (in which you ask a higher authority to review a denial), you may file a motion to reopen or a motion to reconsider with the office that made the unfavorable decision. By filing these motions, you may ask the office to reexamine or reconsider its decision. A motion to reopen must state the new facts that are to be provided in the reopened proceeding and must be accompanied by affidavits or other documentary evidence. A motion to reconsider must establish that the decision was based on an incorrect application of law or INS policy, and further establish that the decision was incorrect based on the evidence in the file at the time the decision was made. Any motion to reopen or reconsider must be filed with the correct fee within 30 days of the decision.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation